Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Hello all,

Originally I had planned to wait until the interview was conducted to announce the questions that were chosen to be asked in the upcoming interview with the Maple Team. However, since things are taking longer than originally planned, to tide you all over and as a gesture of good faith, here are the ten chosen questions that we have submitted to Nexon.

1. What was the inspiration behind Jett and will we be seeing more exclusive content in the near future? MishMihile of Mardia

2. What inspired the destruction of Masteria during the Alien Invasion and will we be seeing a "revamp" of Masteria? If so, what can we expect? Loose of Windia

3. Will we ever see the return of a new and improved Sharenian Guild Quest? Spadow of Culverin

4. Are there plans to expand the Cash Trading Feature to allow users to trade all cash shop items like in other MapleStory versions in the future? SwordStaker of Scania

5. The average wait time for a customer service ticket can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months or longer. There has been an increased response to tickets for users who have been hacked over the past few weeks. Is this the result of more customer service representatives and does Nexon intend to continue beefing up their online customer service and possibly opening a telephone support line? ClawofBeta

6. Is the North American version of MapleStory still called 'MapleGlobal' or 'GMS' as many users still refer to it as or has it assumed another name? Was the original plan for MapleGlobal to be a 'global version' as the name implies, or just strictly North American? Do you feel that the different versions of MapleStory have spread the playerbase too thin? Revengesader of Scania

7. The exclusive cash shop inventories present in many different classes are unpopular among many maplers. Are there any plans for a universal/shared cash shop inventory or storage system? xSarina of Broa

8. Our monthly Nexon Approval Rating poll in May showed that 57% of Maple-News readers disapprove of how MapleStory being run by Nexon. What are you doing as a company to improve your relationship with customers? Will we be seeing more transparency and interaction in the future with players and fan sites? ManaSpiral of El Nido

9. When the Cash Shop was implemented in October 2005, a promise was made to the community that users who chose to purchase NX Cash would never be given an unfair advantage over those who did not, a promise that many maplers feel has been broken. Knowing this, would Nexon consider leveling the playing field by re-evaluating Cash Shop items like miracle cubes and the unfair advantages many other cash items give players as well as other features like the potential item system? KhainiWest of Khaini and MrChefBandit of Bera

10. It is extremely easy to obtain large amounts of mesos for only a few dollars through meso websites that are often seen advertising in the Free Market in every world. That along with the increased amount of duped or glitched items obtained by hackers have made it difficult for the average 'legit' mapler to compete. What is Nexon doing to make legitimacy a more attractive option for maplers new and old so that they don't feel the need to hack or use illegal means to obtain mesos, items, and NX cash to play the game enjoyably and competitively? Iweenana of Demethos

2. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Some good questions in there, especially 9 and 10.

Will be looking out for when nexon actually get back to y'all.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

inb4:
    1. no.
    2. no.
    3. no.
    4. no.
    5. no.
    6. NaMS
    7. no.
    8. no.
    9. no.
    10. no.
    I think these were really nice questions.

4. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Aww the most important question, about Ban appeals, didnt make it.

5. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

MissMihile*.

6. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

1. Whatever it is I hope they never do anything like it again

3. LF>gpq back that is like dojo but with gp reward as well, actually not that I think about it, since every class now has fj/max speed and other things nothing in common and there is no "unique-ness" to a class old PQ's lose their sense of accomplishment but w/e different subject

6. Back when maplestory.com took you to a page with all the localizations of maple GMS was Global, but b4 it was taken down GMS was renamed North American

9. I didn't know you couldn't buy cubed gear in the FM with mesos

10. If nobody used atk vss/other common duped gear. Nexon could do a clean swipe of every acct with them and fully punish the dupers, but since it is so common that you are looked down if you choose to not use them, the dupers get away scot-free.

7. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

The sad thing is that they can choose not to answer questions that are asked. Hopefully we won't see it happen.

8. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Question 9 is formulated in such a way that it will never be answered. Is there really any point throwing it in their face what they said 7 years ago as if it would make the feel ashamed or something? Better to just specify why the potential system is so unfair and ask if they have any thoughts about it and/or would consider nerfing it. As for the rest of the CS advantages, they are irrelevant because they lack even 10% of the impact of the potential system and must be there to keep the game floating.

9. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Very nice questions...beats the ones I suggested by a total long-shot.
    Though, asking #9 yes, is a little late...by roughly 3/4ths of a decade...but I didn't knew Maple News had a monthly rating poll thing going on...even if I do read that site every few days.
    I wonder how nexon is going to weasel their way out of these questions.

10. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

These are really good questions overall. Question 9 seems like something they make choose to not answer though.

11. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I am interested in #'s 4, 9, and 10. Hopefully they give us actual thoughtful answers.

12. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

You don't need vast amounts of funds to deal decent damage in this game.

However new players (or the majority for that matter) being able to compete with hackers/exploited gear is pretty much impossible when playing the game normally.

Especially now that they removed the sources for gm scrolls, protects, and duping.

13. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

They're going to dodge the important questions I'm sure, and nobody else should honestly expect answers to them.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Eh, if they answer 9 at all, it will be something like, "We needed more money in order to add all the awesome content we wanted for Maple, and improve the hardware for your playing experience, so we made the difficult decision to add some functional items to the Cash Shop, while still making sure to make all content available freely."

More likely we won't get any meaningful answers to anything. If the interview even happens. But good luck.

15. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

INB4 Someone at Nexon staff read this thread and they deliberately "postpone" the interview.
    >implying someone at Nexon cares about these sites.

16. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Pretty interesting questions. :O
    I'd just love to see their answer about the "inspiration" for Jett, like if there was any needed for a mere carbon copy with such a poor storyline, and job advancement maps that resemble the ones made for Private Server stuff, placing random map themes with even more random monsters inside.
    Last edited by aslemn; 2012-07-17 at 02:57 PM.

17. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Did they ever answer these questions? I don't exactly know where i'm supposed to go to see if they answered. And i guess i don't know when, or where i'm supposed to find it

18. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

I've sent the questions to Nexon and am currently dealing with various roadblocks. As of now, I am expecting the answers to the questions (I was told to expect them at the end of last week, which obviously as you can see did not happen) and once that is done I will link everyone to the post on Maple-News.

Savage

19. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Expecting the question 1 and 2 being completely answered, and 9 and 10 totally ignored.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

All I care about is #4