Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

This one post makes me realize how much we actually did need to implement the pomegranates.

OT:
    Mostly good questions, doubt meaningful answers will be given if any are.

2. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Aww, the questions about if they had plans to increase max character slots wasn't chosen.

I doubt 9 & 10 will get actual answers.

3. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

IMO question 7 will probably have the obvious answer. Nexon didn't like it when players could transfer nx clothes onto their pirates(being the first new job) and probably because of that, Nexon decided to separate cash shops from characters, to increase possible profit as nothing can be shared to new jobs, forcing the player to either charge more or don't charge at all. Only interested in 3 and 4.

4. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Should these ever get answers, we will be getting PR'd. Meaning, they will be very politically correct, which is useless to us. This is not a company that has ever shown initiative to be transparent with its playerbase, I don't think this will change at all. It has gotten a tad better at the BASIC level (ex. day-to-day operations), but in terms of the high-arching questions such as the ones you've chosen, you shouldn't expect any proper answers.

5. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Sad to say, but you are probably right.

Just to everyone who submitted a question and has commented in this thread: We had a limited amount of questions so we did the best we could to take into account the highest voted questions (I believe 9/10 if not all of them were all questions that received the highest votes, with some slight editing on our part of course). I know everyone is skeptical- and so very, very rightly so.

Whether or not these honest and direct questions receive honest and direct answers is not the entire point of this interview. Yes, in a perfect world we would love for Nexon to be candid with us but that probably will not happen. I think it is important that these questions be asked...that someone at least has the balls in the MapleStory community to ask these questions and to at least give all of you guys who really care about the game a chance to feel like some of the issues with the game are being acknowledged or at the very least brought up directly to Nexon.

I'm a honest guy and anyone who has read Maple-News over the past five years or knows me knows that. I've tried to remain pretty transparent with you all about this whole process and I am hoping that Nexon sees that these questions are not attacks and that by answering them honestly they will not be hurting their business but rather acknowledging that they do care about the future of this game and its community. Do I expect that to happen? The pessimist in me says no. The smart thing would've been to throw softball questions just like Basil Market or any other fan site who would be given this opportunity and I can tell you Im already paying for it. But, I wasn't about to do that and neither were any of you here at Southperry.

I hope we all get the answers we're looking for.

Thanks for everyone's participation and thanks to Eos for making this happen.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

These are some great questions. I bet Nexon was expecting questions like: "cake or pie?" and then got hit hard with reality. Nice choices.

7. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Ugh the first sentence just ruined any chance of that questioned being answered. It's common knowledge that even though wizet and nexon are a single entity, their ToS were vastly different. Just simply asking if Cash shop items giving in game advantages, such as miracle cubes, would be re-considered because of the large gap they make, would have been perfect.

8. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

I don't think they'll answer the questions and just ignore the email seeing the questions they got.

9. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

I am waiting for the questions and have spoken with Nexon's PR rep. It is in progress.

The question has absolutely nothing to do with the ToS. There was never anything written in the ToS that the game would remain free to play so I don't quite see the point in your post. Nothing wrong in my mind with stating the facts and past promises made and broken.

Bottom line is: you guys can't have it both ways. Everyone wanted a hard-hitting interview and that was what was submitted. If you want a puff-piece then go check out Basil Market. We made judgment calls to the best of our ability and tried to incorporate 90% of the original questions that were submitted while doing our best to squeeze in as much as humanly possible in the limited amount of questions we were allowed to ask. If anyone takes issue with this interview or the questions submitted then you can go and complain to Nexon.

I hope we will see what the ultimate result of this interview is soon and I stand by the questions we submitted whatever the outcome.

10. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Yay I got chosen! I'm interested in 2 in all honesty.

11. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

They're going to hear that and disregard the question entirely, that's what was my inquiry. You should have made it a clear cut "Are you going to ever reevaluate the miracle cubes, as the difference of power from the nx benefit has an unreasonable gap that can measure to 100x more than an average player."

None the less I don't see most of these questions being answered because I don't think they have the answers.

12. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

I respectfully disagree with you. I'm sorry you feel so pessimistic about this whole thing.

13. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

UPDATE!

We will be receiving the answers to our interview questions very soon. I have spoken with Nexon's PR Rep and she apologized saying that the Maple Team has been swamped with all the updates this past month and will get us the interview back as soon as possible.

Savage

14. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

5 days later...

15. Default Re: Selected Questions for the Maple Team Interview

Should know by now that the word soon can mean months for them. Adding the word "very" to it just means that it cuts off maybe a few weeks.

Given the delay on the answers, it's fairly obvious that the answers, assuming they are all answered, will be fairly PR as said before and not mean much of anything for us. Though I will be more than glad to be completely wrong about that. I love the questions.

16. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

I know it'll take a while, but i can be sad, can't I?

17. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

I spoke with Nexon's PR rep Monday and she just now dropped off the questions with the Maple Team and we should be getting them momentarily. Whether that's by Friday (I hope) or next week I don't know. Let's hope before September.

As an apology for the extreme delay, we are getting some 'MapleStory swag' to giveaway from Maple-News.com courtesy of Nexon America so stay tuned for some events in the coming weeks!

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Great, because I was waiting for retirement to hit.