Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Hello!

I'm semi-back after a 3-year absence, and just wondering something. I'm declining to spend any actual money on this game due to Nexon's... well, Nexon-ness, so I'm not going to have pets tagging along with me to loot and heal and such. In case I actually get a character high enough to fight any major boss, are there any jobs that can reasonably survive like that?

2. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Warriors.
    Mages too now, seeing as their MG doesn't get dispelled no more.
    The rest are rather squishy.

3. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Any class can survive by just manual potting. Auto HP/MP is just an additional layer of protection that isn't really mandatory, but it is convenient.

4. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Unless of course you have a less than perfect connection to the server, then it's a life saver.

5. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Well, if it's client lag, then yeah. Just be wary it won't pot you if there's server lag.

6. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

I will admit I used to depend on auto-heal; it just meant that maybe I didn't automatically die from something like a 1/1, although at least in Zakum I got pretty good about knowing when to heal up after those. I never had a perfect connection so of course I still died occasionally.

Magic Guard doesn't get dispelled any more? Wow... mages have always been my favorite class so that's cool! Of course, I am now tempted to make something like a Paladin just so I can hug Zakum. (Too bad I may never recover my main account, with my little BW Page sitting there waiting for me.)

Thanks, y'all!

7. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Of course, but that's not the scenario I presented. But I get what you're trying to point out.

8. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Make a paladin, Never die huehuehue

9. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Don't make a hero/anything that uses hurricane as their DPS skill, so any variety of mage should work

10. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Demonslayers. Their fourth job skill (Leech Aura) allows them to heal (The whole damn party) from attacking.

11. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

I've been wanting to make a Demon Slayer, but aren't they currently unavailable? Any idea when they might come back?

12. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

leech aura nerfed like pineapple, but ds still pretty good on bossing

13. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Shadowers take half damage from 1/1 if that's what you're afraid of.

14. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Edit: I meant to quote the post above mine. Oops.

I was going to suggest this or any class that reduces the impact of 1/1. Even for a mage, if your connection isn't great, or you don't pot fast enough or you get seduced, you'll still die.
    Last edited by Chilly; 2012-07-14 at 03:09 AM.

15. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Mercedes is pretty good. You cannot get 1/1-ed because of Water Shield (provided it doesn't get dispelled). At 7.2k total hp, this means that even if I get 1/1-ed, I still have 2.1k hp left.

Edit: forgot mercs cant be created now anymore

16. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

If you're not a huge damagewhore,
    Paladin is for you.
    I survived through 3 cht runs at 148~155 with no attack pots/healer,
    With like level 12 guardian and 5 Achilles

And I lag like a crazy kangaroo

17. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Try Paladin.
    Even when im using a two handed weapon and dont benefit from Guardian or 9999 def at all I still never ever die
    at bosses and rarely use a HP potion due to having self heal. The job is very cheap but only costs much to fund if you really want to hit high numbers.

18. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

You can Potion during hurricane style skills now if thats why you're saying that.

19. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

Was rlly just saying that because all classes that do are too squishy except for maybe phantom depending how you build it,+being anchored in place is bad for avoiding atks you see comming if you lag/hurricane makes crappy pcs lag more.

20. Default Re: What job(s) can boss without auto-heal pets?

I agree on the crappy PC thing, but folks with crappy PCs shouldn't be bossing in the first place. Mercedes is pretty beefcake with passive dodge + water shield. Most HP issues can be remedied with levelling up willpower, evo rings, getting a Neo City Medal, 2 A or S rank card decks, and Cannoneer's link skill. Just gotta put the time into it. I have 13k HP on my mercedes non-buffed, and I haven't done any HP washing.