IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

The hackers I ran into last night didn't even use the "1/1" skill. They kept spamming the "Stun Bomb" or "Poison Pig", and since I have 84% resist, the pig wasn't really doing that much.

2. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

I remember that bomb exploit from VPQ about a year and a half ago :P, Good times.

3. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

Anyone remember the old Ariant PQ bomb smuggling? Fun times were had with that.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Same. Nice to see nothing stays patched, huh?

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

from what i read, since this thing is public, it did stay patched, they just patched THAT lone method.

6. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

Spoiler

Yeah, but that was more because it was funny to knock people back, it did almost no damage. XD

I don't understand why they don't check similar things for similar vulnerabilities. Are they really that different in the data?

7. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

>Lvl200
    >Paladin
    >Absurd HP
    >Achilles + Power Guard
    >Self HP Recovery Skill

(∴) Doesn't care.

8. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

Actually, as long as it gets you in a town, it gets funny. You loose no exp at all, and it happens when less expected.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Does HP recovery work in the FM? Blood Raven was only eating DF and not giving HP :(

I had a run-in with another hacker on CH1 Ardentmill today and considering the "Stun Bomb" takes 10+ seconds to explode, DS and Pally can never die there.

10. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

I was bombed on my DS while selling stuff in my shop in the FM, as far as HP recovery goes, I had only recovered 1-2k HP about 30 mins after. Only one guy died though (An Aran).

11. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

@Dark Link; Nothing works in entrance other than Slipstream. Divine Shield activates though.

If you want to afk with a shop, I think autopot with pets would work until you need to feed them.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Well I mean in the FM shop areas, not the entrance. The first guy I ran into was blowing up FM3 and I ended up using pots, because Blood Raven wouldn't heal. Was wondering if HP Recovery was in the same situation or not.

13. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

Nah, it works ;p.

Ravens is a strange skill. It's not a drain... and it's not a mob attack that heals you... it's like a healing skill that attacks mobs.

That could be part of the reason why it's so buggy? lol

14. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i think fiel would be better suited to answer that question, thanks to these hacks i learned a few (facepalmingly) interesting things about mobs

15. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

Where's Fiel when we need him?

16. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

You could always use the Fiel call. Or type the 'at' symbol with 'Fiel' after it.

I'd do it, but the last time I tried he lectured me for hours on data strings.

17. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

@Fiel, these people are being too platypus to call for you. They need help or some pomegranate. (I didn't bother reading the new posts since yesterday, deal with it)

18. Default Re: New(old?) packet edit killing players

What are you doing back here? DRAMAAAAAA

At any rate, I couldn't help much with this hack. I don't use packet editing tools or software nor have I done any research on this hack.

What I can tell you is this: Mobs are completely separate from their skills.

Mobs --> show attack animation --> linked with skill + level --> Lookup in Skill/MobSkill.img

As such, two different mobs can have the same mob skill. All the mob data contains are hitboxes for the mob, basic stats, animations, and attack hitboxes/mobcount/etc.. There's not all that much data to a mob.

The MobSkills are categorized in groups of ten, with similar groupings of ten having the same characteristics (110 - 119 = Mob debuffs, 120 - 129 = Mob buffs. I'm not sure on these numbers, but that's the general idea). In the case of the Empress skill, theoretically if a random person can packet edit the empress skill they should be able to packet edit any mob skill to use on any player. So a hacker could cast slow on you. It just so happens that the Empress skill kills a lot of players, so they use that instead of poisoning, slowing, etc.

Again, I have not researched the hack. I'm only throwing out what would seem to make sense to me.