Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

While my e-mail seems to be safe from the leak, I cannot log into my GMS account at all.

It seems my GMS account was hacked. My GMS account was hacked. I had basically nothing good on it and only a couple million mesos. I don't have any notifications in my e-mail or anything, either. I've tried doing password recoveries, but my e-mail doesn't get sent to my e-mail. Now, I don't browse many GMS sites outside of Southperry and Keith's guild site, so I don't think I have any keyloggers (and I've checked).

Oh, well... I guess I won't be playing GMS anymore. >_>

2. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Thanks for informing me about this. I will definitely be changing my password soon.

3. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

LOL I am just changing my email PW. Like heck I have the time to go through like 600 pages of email searching for my email account.

In any case that doesn't explain how they'd use this to whisper the thread starter's mule and tell his MS info.

4. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

o.o There's a search bar for that.

5. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Ops, I totally missed it xD

Thanks

6. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

I think this must be correct, none of my accounts have been effected so far and I have only have a small handful that use gmail, hotmail, etc. Of those none of them were on the list below this post. Most of my accounts use an uncommon free e-mail that no longer makes new accounts.

7. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

my account emails were not leaked, but it reminded me I should change them a bit more often just in case

UGH

8. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Update: His mule was hacked, even after he changed his password. Apparently he left his 2b mage shoes on there and they were stolen. :S
    I'm guessing there's some sort of new password cracker/bruteforcer out.

9. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Sorry, double post.

I got hacked. Well they tried anyway. They got on (about half an hour after I logged off, actually) and got my duped gear (ie, stuff I bought during the rampant dupings of random attack gear, VSS, Racc Mask, GEE), as well as my 3 evo rings and 2b in meso. Most of my items actually worth a lot of money are safe and I'm not logging off for at least a week during which I'm going to change my password every other day.

As well as my pin. And maybe even my email. Would advise everyone else to at least stay logged in. Don't know who they're targetting.

Sent in a ticket literally 10 minutes after I got hacked so I'm hoping something will happen. :S

For reference, my email wasn't on that list, so I think the hacking spree recently is related to something else.

10. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

If anyone is worried about their account and wants an extra layer of security, try making a gmail account and giving it two-step verification, then change the email on your MapleStory account to that new email.
    Then, lock your account every time you want to log off using Hotspot Shield:

One slight change I'd like to add to the above quote is that you don't have to reboot your computer to disable Hotspot Shield. You just have to right click the icon in the task tray and disable it. It might seem a little annoying, but I think it's worth it for the extra account security.

11. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't changing your password during a database leak the stupidest thing to do? O.o

12. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Sry bro nexon patched this....

I said before there have to be a leak but i got banned.for 3 weeks on this forum.

U cant do anything now, just pray they dont hack u

13. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

Sorry 'bro', it's been working again since May.

14. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Friend was part of the 'black market' community prior to quitting, and found out that there was indeed a leak.

I don't know if this still works. I had a friend in Singapore who, about two weeks ago, made and logged onto an account successfully using Hotspot Shield. This suggests that HSShield IPs aren't all blocked.

Truth be told though, whenever I made her an account, she couldn't get onto it through HSS. Not sure how the automatic deactivation works, but something happens according to where the account is made I believe.

15. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Speaking of new hacks, apparently the guys are going around and killing other players now.
    Like, not just summoning **** on top of them, actually outright killing them.

16. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

All this talk about this reminds me of .Hack//sign with the player killers and all scary.

17. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

Been cruising around FM and I've seen a ton of dead people. It shows above the head of the hack user as a purple face, kind of like something from Demon Slayer. It does around 15k from what I've seen.

18. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

it's an attack empress does. Basically makes your character a "bomb" and hits people around you, too.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Yeah, apparently hackers can get the "Stun Bomb" debuff effect from Empress and blow people up.

20. Default Re: New FM Exploit/Hack?

My friend played Maplestory 1year ago. Sadly his Computer breaked during the summer holidays 2011. Since his mum doesnt had enough money ,he couldnt buy a computer. He never logged in this Year or something like that (on the website etc.)

Today he logged in and got hacked

But how is this possible????

Facepalm