Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

With max level big bang, is it possible to hit max damage on each line of the 6 hits? And if so what kind of range would be needed for this? Thanks.

2. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

I don't believe this is possible without having full Arcane Aim and Infinity on at the same time.

3. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

You would need a ridiculous amount of funding. I do like 100-200k per line on non-boss with uncharged for reference.

4. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

If it's the same as corkscrew punch charge for pirates, uncharged will do 1/10th the damage full charge would do.

5. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Uncharged? lol You'd need a range in the bazillions

6. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

To complete that reference, what's your actual damage range on your character?

7. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

he will not say.

when servers come up, i'll check mine. f3

8. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

just be a korean and have 999999-999999 range then you can do it

9. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

100-200k with a 95k range, for me, without arcane aim.

10. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

No you can't.

Max level big bang is 330% dmg, meaning uncharged BB is 10% of that, or 33% dmg. If you have 999999-999999 range, you would hit 333333s on mobs, without thinking about ignoreDef/otherskills/bossdmg etc.

11. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Alright. Thanks guys.

12. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Going with your numbers, uncharged BB is 33%.

Toss in elemental amplification (x1.5 damage), Burning Magic (x1.1), Arcane Aim (x1.4), Infinity (x2.0), Elemental Staff bonus (x1.1) and you're staring at a multiplier of x5.082.

If we just use Leafre set bonus (+30% Ignore) on top of max Ambition (+10% Ignore), Arcane Aim (+20% Ignore), Luminous Link Skill (+10% Ignore) and a SS 3-Pirate Set Bonus (+8% Ignore) vs. a 25% PDR boss, you're effectively fighting against 5.5% PDR, or a multiplier of 0.945, bringing the total to x4.80249.

Note that we said "25% PDR *boss*". So add in two SS-Rank Set Bonuses (+10% Boss total), Demon Slayer link skill (+10% Boss) and ~90% Boss from potential/nebulites for another multiplier of x2.1, bringing your total multiplier to x10.085229

So that "33%" becomes ~330% once again, requiring only a min range of 303,030 to always hit damage cap.

If you're just wondering about "possible", then we can add in a max crit hit of x1.8 (w/SE) and bring the total multiplier to x18.1534122. "33%" becomes ~599% requiring "only" a max range of 166,945.

Super-godly funded, but maybe possible.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

So I guess the bigger question would be: At what range (with other factors like %boss and %ignore in mind) would spam Big Bang DPM overtake Spam Para/CL/AR DPM?

14. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Big Bang only hits 5 times so it could never out dps CL.
    You also need to be pretty close to hit with it, so Paralyze and AR would still be the better options imo. Plus you don't have to button mash with Paralyze and AR, you just hold a single key down.

15. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I don't think that's the case. With spamming BB, you can probably do about 120+ casts per minute (about 2 per second), and each is 5 hits so ~600 hits per minute. While with CL you do ~88 casts per minute, and each is 6 hits so that's 528 hits per minute. That's about 70 extra hits.

Also I wonder if Decent SI helps uncharged BB when it's spammed.

16. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Pretty sure all mages have a fixed faster(2) speed. But i guess i wouldn't know.

17. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

My para gained 4 casts with Decent SI. Wish I'd test it on spamming BB before recubing .

18. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

True, but the range and button mashing aspects still apply.

Nope. Decent SI does noticeably affect mages.
    It's different from W.Att based classes in that it changes casting speed instead of weapon speed.

19. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Oh ok. I shouldn't have said anything since i'm pretty ignorant when it comes to mages lol.

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

The limited range of uncharged BB is definitely a hindrance (if only mages got 100% stance this wouldn't be an issue). Idk about button mashing, as it'd be more like tapping than mashing and you can tap as you walk (after getting hit).