Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Actually...if you use XPadder, you can set the BB button to "Rapid Fire". I've never had experience where doing this disconnects you, and with charged spells or hold down abilities, it spams them really fast. In the case of Hurricane-like skills you're slower, but in the case of spamming BB, you'll cast it faster than you ever could humanly.

Range is still an issue though.

2. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

It's Fast (4) for Adventurers under normal conditions AFAIK. Evans are the ones always at Fastest (2) I believe.

3. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

No, Magicians use Weapon Speed like every other character in the game. There is no difference from "Casting Speed" and "Weapon Speed" other than the flavour text of it being associated with Magic. It is capped at 2. Big Bang is the same speed as Paralyze. Stop misinforming people.

4. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Magician skills are not affected by weapon speed though. With the exception being BaM, of course.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Care to elaborate? The emphasis was on how many casts of each skill can be done per minute (spamming Para/CL/AR versus tapping uncharged Big Bang), and it was established that Decent SI adds more casts to Para/CL/AR. The question is how many casts it would add to uncharged BB. And were those values that I posted inaccurate? Because I pretty much made an educated guess on uncharged BB having ~120 casts per min.

6. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

If nothing changed, Big Bang takes exactly 720ms to cast + charge time, the same speed of Paralyze. Chain Lightning is faster, at 630ms IIRC.

7. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

Paralyze and Big Bang are both 810ms to cast without Booster. With booster, it becomes 630ms. Chain Lightning is 780ms, with booster becomes 600ms.

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

So what you guys are implying is that uncharged Big Bang (booster, no SI/DSI) does only 84 casts a minute at max, just like paralyze? I find that hard to believe. (I wish I could test this out now but I'm gone for two weeks ).

9. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

I thought this was pretty common knowledge?

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I wasn't aware of it. Would you have a source? I was pretty certain that you can cast 2 uncharged BB in 1 second.

11. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=3217

I also personally tested it at the introduction of 4th job, Big Bang, and another update after that I can't recall, but I want to say Union. You're free to go ahead and try to prove me wrong though.

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Thanks. I've seen that thread but wasn't sure if it was completely up-to-date, and probably skimmed/browsed it too fast to notice the part on BB.

13. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

With just booster? I thought booster made the speed Faster (4), not Fastest (2). My whole life has been a lie.

14. Default Re: Is it possible to hit max damage on each line of uncharged big bang?

My bad, I meant with Booster and Speed Infusion.