Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Akira Toriyama is helping produce a new animated Dragon Ball Z movie.

Ah, I think you guys come to conclusions too early. Appearances aren't everything.

However, that villain in the background reminds me a lot of Towa and Mira from Dragon Ball Online.

The way they're standing/flying there in the background is just like the two of them.

2. Default Re: Akira Toriyama is helping produce a new animated Dragon Ball Z movie.

I agree. If the Shadow Dragons arc was added on the end of DBZ it would have been a perfect end. It was really the only arc that made any sense given that the Dragon Balls were used a lot during DB and DBZ, Baby and Super 17 arcs were like boring filler.

3. Default Re: Akira Toriyama is helping produce a new animated Dragon Ball Z movie.

DBO acts as a better continuation to the story. I believe Toriyama had a hand in it, too, which would make it more canonical than GT's events.

Basically :

-Goku and Vegeta, knowing they were nearing the end of their lifetimes, took off in spaceships to some unknown planets a long way away from where they would harm anyone, for a final fight to decide who would be the victor. Several decades later, several super novas were recorded in the direction Goku and Vegeta took off toward. No one knows what exactly was the result.

-Gohan wrote a book on all kinds of martial arts and Ki control, called "The Science of Ki Control." It contained information on all of the techniques all of the Z Fighters ever used.

-Dende seals the Dragon Balls so that no evil can obtain them, under the influence of the Supreme Kai(s), as they're not of the natural order of things.

-Majin Buu creates a female Buu out of his own essence and has children with it.

-Hercule resigns from the World Martial Arts tournaments because he could no longer rig them, due to Buu giving it up for his new family. He eventually dies of unknown causes

-The remaining grunts of Frieza's army decide to raid Earth in hopes for revenge. They're all defeated by the remaining Z Fighters. Because of their stepping up to save the world again, their abilities become public spotlight and everyone wants in on their abilities.

-Krillin becomes the new Turtle Hermit and creates a Turtle Hermit school, where he teaches Ki-based martial arts.

-Tien creates a counter school; the school of the Crane Hermit. He teaches Ki-based martial arts used for exposing an opponent's weakness.

-Trunks and Goten create a school for aspiring swordsmen, teaching Ki-based techniques using the sword.

-Miira and Towa, two new Artificial Beings/Androids, destroy the new planet Namek; all surviving Namekians flee to Earth and decide to live there indefinitely.

Blah, blah, blah. Eventually, it turns into a pissing contest between those living on Earth and Miira, Towa and their grunts across time and space. Oh, and Trunks is time traveling, trying to keep history in check.

There's a LOT more about it here, with proper dates and time frames for things : http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/view...hp?f=8&t=19499

4. Default Re: Akira Toriyama is helping produce a new animated Dragon Ball Z movie.

Dragonball has so few face designs, this shouldn't surprise anyone. For example,
    Tien, Yamcha, Vegeta, and the adult versions of Goku, Gohan and Trunks all have basically the same face with different hair/ eyebrows.

5. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

So... This is happening.

Vegeta : Super Saiyan 3

Goku : ????? Is that Super Saiyan 4 with gold hair? I mean, he has eyebrows, but has long enough hair that it covers his face.

Gohan : Uh... Why are you still Super Saiyan? :(

6. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Why do Goku and Vegeta have black lines on their eyes? Have they been possessed? Did Babidi's magic make a comeback? Does Baby make a cameo apperance?

7. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

I'm hoping the black lines are to show a new level of badassery and nothing more. ^^

Lol do you see Gohan's eyes? He must be like a super.. super saiyan or something, so super that he doesn't need to go past one. o 3o

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Because Mystic Gohan is too broken; no effort needed to maintain maximum power beyond that of an SSJ3.

9. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Mystic Gohan being stronger than a SSJ3 can be argued IMO. BUT LET'S NOT DERAIL THE TREAT.

It prolly is only the wind blowing Goku's hair on his face lol. as for Gohan, he went back to turning SSj in DBGT, so maybe this is is just the same case.

10. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Best compromise is SSJ3 is stronger than mystic gohan, but it can't be maintained as long.

Hype for this. Can't wait till a sub's done.

11. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Canon SSJ3 Vegeta? (Games don't count) (Or do the movies even count as 'canon'?)

12. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Those games aren't canon. This movie is the only Dragon Ball Z movie that will be canon. It and Dragon Ball Online are the only things outside the Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z mangas that are canon.

13. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Could you post your source plz?. There are like 40 different movies through the whole series, why does this one get to be cannon?

And Dragon Ball Online being cannon is way much worse than Dragon Ball GT being cannon.

14. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

I don't really have a source. I just remember reading somewhere that Akira Toriyama himself stated that it's canon and that it takes place after the Buu saga and before the events with Uub at the end of Z.

How is DBO worse than GT? It continues the Z storyline quite well.

15. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

I have to agree with Link. While I don't hate DBGT by any means I think DBO does a better job of continuing the storyline.

16. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Didn't I hear on DBO that humans can now become super sayian?

17. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

They're not pure-blooded Humans. They're Goku and Vegeta's descendants. Canonically, in the DBO story, there are only a couple of Humans with Saiyan DNA, but since it's an MMO...

18. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Umm, didn't Akira mentioned that people with 1/25 saiyan genetics are unable to become SSJ?

19. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

I suppose that's why Shenron is required for unlocking the DNA capabilities.

20. Default Re: Dragon Ball Z : Battle of Gods [2013 Release]

Some small previews of the video are already available around the net. Small fight scenes.

If anyone is interested, here they are :

Spoiler

9 more days until release!