1. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

I have this bad boy right here and 50k nx from my birthday to make it better.

@Takebacker; and I have been discussing using either super cubes or enlightening cubes to try and get legendary. Since there hasn't been data that really made me feel that enlightening cubes are worth the extra nx, I am now so torn between the two that I stumbled in here to make this thread.

So Southperry,

What The F'uck Should I Do.

2. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

balls deep bro

go for the enlightening cubes

3. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

I've yet to see anything good come out of Enlightening Cubes and no one's posted any data about them either so I would just avoid them.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

On a whim, I used about 5 enlightening cubes on my bossing wand. It was at legendary potential with lines of 20% bossing, 20% bossing, ignore 40% since like February. After the 5 enlightening cubes, it came out to 40% bossing, 30% bossing, and (ugh) 9% STR. The extra bossing made a huuuge difference (seems like 30% extra bossing makes much more of a damage increase than 30% ignore, but this won't go in my favor if facing a boss like cht or pink bean due to their high PDR). It seems like enlightening cubes only help an item out if it is already at legendary potential, since it sucked badly for the other equips I've used it on which happened to be rare/epic/unique.

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

This is what I was thinking also, but I was wondering if there was a difference in the chance to upgrade to the next tier between the two cubes. I think I'm leaning towards super cubes until I hit unique or legendary.

6. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

Enlightening cubes honestly seem worth it in my opinion. I had 5 items with epic potential and all of them went to Unique within 5 cubes, One going up to Legendary within 10 cubes. A few of the nice things i got:

+2 all skills (On a single Line, Unique)
    +18% Mainstat on Gloves
    +Decent SE on gloves
    +15% Mainstat on Shoes
    +Decent Haste (About 5 times actually)

It seems to give the more useless stats (Avoid, Accuracy, etc) less prominence. That being said, I still got those, albeit less frequently.

All in all, About 44 cubes used and + alot of damage.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Seems like you got pretty lucky, or there might be something to it. I've used about 50 enlightening cubes and the only thing it really helped was the wand I mentioned earlier. It didn't help the item tier rise any faster than any other types of cubes I've used, but then again, my sample size is still small.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

greatly depends on your total boss %, enemy PDR and ignore you're sporting, i made an interactive excel chart i should upload sometime.

i'm thinking of risking it with these cubes, since i recently got a CHTP, the fact i'm extremely in debt doesn't help though.

9. Donator Straight Male
    panama

greatly depends on your total boss %, enemy PDR and ignore you're sporting, i made an interactive excel chart i should upload sometime.

i'm thinking of risking it with these cubes, since i recently got a CHTP, the fact i'm extremely in debt doesn't help though.

10. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

In 4 cubes my bow went unique with 15% total damage, 6% dex. I kept going and ended up with this.

I got 20% boss once, but the other 2 lines sucked.

Used around 10 enlightening cubes on my gloves. They stayed epic, didn't get anything above 6% dex...

11. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

I suppose. Ive heard of people getting absolute crap though so my results aren't probably that accurate.

12. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

get to legendary with super cubes, achieve great lines with enlightening cubes.

I did this with pretty much all my legendary items in KMS, none went above 50 cubes(previous stories about my cubing were on my hero)

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Not to go off-topic, but I'm not too keen on how the whole Boss% vs. Ignore% works. I've always thought of it in this manner:

If facing pink bean for instance (who has 70% pdr), if you have 2 lines of 20% ignore on your weapon, and 20% ignore def from a skill, I think instead of ignoring 60% of pb's 70% pdr, it'd ignore something like 20%, plus another 20% of the total ignored, and plus another 20% of the total ignored (multiplicative).

While in the same situation but with 20% bossing in three areas, you'd be flat-out doing 60% more damage (additive).

It really makes me scratch my head and I'm still not sure, so I think your excel chart might help me quite a bit.

14. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

I agree with this. Enlightening cubes definitely make primary lines show up more, but I don't think the extra nx is worth it until at least unique tier.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

you would ignore 60% of his defense in this case, so 100% ignore is the max you should aim for

and thanks for the cubing tipseveryone, even if i wasn't the one to ask for them haha

16. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

Decided to go cubing.

1st Revolutionary Cube turned my Rare RHC to Epic

2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Revolutionary Cube still at Epic

6th Revolutionary Cube went to Unique and 3 Lines

Then used Enlightening Cube and it went to this:

Any suggestions on how to go about doing this cubing? I'm thinking of using Enlightenment cube

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    usa

Ouch. Should have just stamp'd.

18. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

i know but i heard stamping is glitched that it only works for rare items only.
    idk if this is true but i didnt want to take my chances

19. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

Nope, a stamp worked on a 2-lined epic item for me.

20. Default Re: Enlightening vs. Super Cubes

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    lesson learned.