View Poll Results: Do you try to play as "legit" as possible?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I try to play legit to the fullest. I even stay away from duped gear/scrolls as much as I can.

60 78.95%
  • I try to be, but I cannot resist the duped items.

9 11.84%
  • I do not hack and I am against hacking unless it benefits me somehow (duped/hacked gear).

5 6.58%
  • don't care for the legit at all. Let the hackers hack. Don't care if it is bad for the game

4 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

Thank you
    Actually, I'll admit that I've trained at a boosted map for about 3 levels, after which time I felt kind of "dirty" lol. It took a lot of convincing from my friend to get me to do it though and there wasn't anything else with decent exp available anywhere. I still hate that I did it.

OT: anyway, I'm surprised by the poll results so far. I dunno if people voting for the first choice are all telling the truth. Surely some of them have at least used glitched decent skills or at least bought a few GMs or something to that effect, no?

2. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I try really hard to play as legit as possible, and obviously, as others have said, there's only so much I can do. I do avoid training at boosted maps (partially because they're more work for me that I don't want to do) and for duped gear and I use the whole "if it's too good to be true then it probably is duped" (on top of name tags of common dupers) method to decide whether something is duped or not.

I buy my own NX, but I never seem interested in selling it. I remind myself every time to save at least a little to try and sell but that never happens. Furthermore I doubt I'd un-lazy myself enough to actively sell it anyways.

I think it's no fun if you completely cheat your way through the game.

3. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I'd consider myself legit still even if I glitched the Decent skills (they were from a friend who was willing to lend me the gears). Now that that is gone, I don't have anything to make me "illegit" anymore. I can't actually get back the decent skills because I don't have the NX to cube the hell out of anything, but if there was a way to get it back, I would be thoroughly happy. Any glitch that I can take advantage of without hacks, i will often times try to solely because it may be my only chance to get ahead in the world. The 50% 2 handed pink scrolls? Yeah I took advantage of that because that's exactly how i scrolled my bowmaster's weapon. If I hadn't done that, I would have done it the old fashioned way: 50%s and hope for the best, which if you've seen weapons nowadays, 60% scrolls are basically not ever used anymore because they're worthless for end game weaponry. Hoping to get a chance to get more money to eventually scroll something worth usin and significantly better tan any of my current weapons (my knuckle is scrolled with all 60;s and fully leveled. Now I have to look into getting 120 is attack instead of my measly 109).

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Honesty is very much appreciated, even if you don't vote on the first option. I just can't believe the first choice would realistically be the majority choice, and to such a degree.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

That's because you're missing an option or two.
    I, for example, completely don't fit any but the first, since I've never touched duped gear, and am against hacking even if it could benefit me.
    I have used duped scrolls, but I do feel I can honestly say I stay away from them "as much as I can". Haven't touched any in months, maybe as long as a year.
    So what am I supposed to select?

Similarly, I've seen any number of members here say they don't use duped gear, but do use duped scrolls. Which option can they select? Only the first is even remotely applicable.

I know you meant the first to be "I'm pure as newfallen snow" but since you made the other options so black, people in the gray zone just have no option that fits.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I wish I could alter the options somehow, but I don't think I'm allowed to. Maybe the wording should be less ambiguous, but I think the overall impression should be interpreted as:

option one: I am trying to be and have always tried to be as legit as possible. I took/take the extra mile in making sure what I do is legit 100% of the time.
    option two: I am trying to be and have always tried to be as legit as possible, except that I have bought duped items.
    option three: I am generally against being illegit, but don't mind it when it benefits me.
    option four: I am not at all against being illegit/hacking/glitching.

option 5 would be a variation of option two but would be about the use of hacked maps (this actually applies to me as I've done this for 3 levels, regretfully. So I'd have to change my vote).
    option 6 would be another variation of option two but would be about the use of glitched decent skills.

I think you fit option 2 the best since you've bought/used duped items previously knowing they were duped, even if it was 1 item, and even if you haven't done so in a year.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

I guess you view "as much as I can" and "cannot resist" differently than everyone else.
    And maybe that's the answer you're looking for.
    No, almost nobody is as pure as you are. Some use duped scrolls, some train on hacked maps, some glitched decent skills...
    Happy?

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Everyone has their own interpretation for everything.

I'm not trying to put myself on a pedestal but merely gathering input as to make a moral decision and just out of curiosity. Like I said, I should've changed my wording and been more clear, but now it's too late. So sue me for this being the first or second time I ever put up a poll on SP.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Not suing you, just trying to explain why everyone chose the first option.

"cannot resist", to most people, means frequent and large failures. "I am trying to stick to my diet, but cannot resist chocolate" doesn't apply to me if I ate a dozen m&m's three months ago. It applies to people who eat chocolate whenever it is available, daily at least, ounces at a time.

10. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I do what I can I don't buy duped gear however basically every single scroll in existing right now is duped unless you brought it straight out of gacha or something. So yea you me and everyone else who has played this game more than a week is not legit at this point.

11. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I had this mentality for a looooong time.

I cubed my own gear (mostly because no one ever has Unique female warrior gear) and always stayed away from hackers/dupers. I got my weapons perfected legitimately from the Golden Temple event. By the time the maintenance took out all the scrolls, I had 10-20 scrolls of GFA, 1H Axe, 1H Sword, 1H BW, and Claw from simply 4x dropping and trading/buying with friends.

Never wanted to stray into duped equips: I stayed off the VSS and cubed my own warrior shoes with 9% STR and Decent Haste and used my own Spectrum goggles that were scrolled+hammered with 10 DEX. I was an extremely loyal player by today's standards.

However, the second Nexon blocked my main account and denied me any chance of reinstatement, I said "screw Nexon" and bought/merched every single duped equip imaginable: 38att VSS, 30att Racoons, 20att GE Earrings, 27att BWG, 30att PACs, eveything. I would've gotten a 300att Nisrock too if they didn't delete them. Everything was out the window for me since I was betrayed.

But now, with my account back, I am now what you would call a typical "legitimate" player that stays away from massive exploits, dupes, and merching all that junk and while condemning everyone that does these ... but is wearing a VSS and a Raccoon Mask.

12. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

The golden temple dropping gm scrolls was a glitch which is why two days into it they stopped that. The only legit gm scrolls were from that wheel of marvel event.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

Ah, but Nexon tried to save their own face by pretending the scrolls dropping was intentional, and that they stopped it because the players complained.
    Since Nexon deny there was any glitch involved, the scrolls are legitimate.

14. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

At that time, if Nexon said it was unintentional, they should have removed it rather than have them duped and eventually sold on MTS for mad sums of money.

I would've been fine with them just deleting the scrolls if they said it was unintentional but they said they were legitimate so whatever...

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i fear i'll go the same way if this ever happens to me, or get seriously hacked, it's in fact the main reason why i never have enough NX for a karma in my account, and all my equips are untradeable.

16. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

Really now? Where was this the only thing i saw in terms of notices was something along the lines of "were having an USC to address certain scrolls dropping in the golden temple.

17. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I do remember them saying it was part of the event. People were "complaining" about their surprise so they took them out in a maintenance.

Since GT at the time was free access for all (1 ticket free a day), everyone had equal access to the scrolls.

But my guess was that their intention was for people to use those scrolls on the Timeless weapons that also dropped in GT during the event... but removed them because people just dumped them into MTS and the scrolls just stockpiled.

Oh and they dropped White Scrolls and Timeless weapons too, even after the maintenance that made them stop dropping GM scrolls. I perfected my Hero's Timeless Bardiche from getting it above average in GT after the maintenance.

18. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I guess I could be beyond the first choice, which I had chosen, since I don't even merch or anything. Heck, I don't even talk to people (I would but my real life friend's in Scania and I wouldn't move there if I could).
    I did try to sell a few random work gloves in the MTS a long time ago, but found it wasn't worth it. Better to just go out and buy the cards.

MapleStory is basically my past-time activity.

19. Default Re: Am I the only one who tries to play as "legit" as possible?

I feel 90% of first choice pickers are liars.

20. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Or it could be as Sapta said, where it's honestly the closest choice they could pick. :I

I picked the first choice because I don't touch duped equipment, I don't train in hacked maps and I refuse to take advantage of glitches for my own benefit (in fact, I prohibit all three of these in my guild), but I have gotten glitched Decent skills (for free, and if it turns out I lost those, oh well) and I probably bought and used duped scrolls (because honestly, how would you even know which scrolls aren't surely duped anymore?).
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-07-13 at 02:10 AM. Reason: PARENTHESES. EVERYWHERE.