1. Default Ok can someone *please* help me? :( Its important....(Soaring mount quest bug?)

its about the soaring (mounts) thing.
    I did the soaring mount quest, about a year ago, and paid the 50 mil and got those wings, or whatever, but when I talked to Chief tamato again, after I was done, I NEVER had a skill that said Soaring (Mount) in the mount tab. The ONLY thing I have there is "Soaring", which was for dragon rider PQ, and that was part of a different quest.

Can someone help, or tell me what I need to do, or what I can do?

2. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Ok can someone *please* help me? :( Its important....(Soaring mount quest bug?)

The soaring mount skill activates when you go on a mount that is able to have the skill apply to it. For example, you can use a Dragon mount and press up + jump at the same time and you'll fly.

Things to note is that mounts like airplanes won't fly with that skill because Nexon logic > reality.

Nexon changed the mount thing recently like a few months because... they just did.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Ok can someone *please* help me? :( Its important....(Soaring mount quest bug?)

Dragon mount as in the level 200 one or the other one?

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male

California

Other one. gMS was too lazy to fix this bug that allowed the Lv 200 dragon to fly. That's why jMS has it working mainly because they created the skill.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

The level 200 mount flies in JMS?

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male

California

You can also trade and use mounts at a lower level.
    Credits to ShiKage.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

All of my want. Time to send Nexon a ticket and get to 200.

8. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male

California

Pray that Nexon does something about this. The glitch (or I don't even think if it was on accidental, more like on purpose) has been here since it came out in gMS.

9. Default Re: Ok can someone *please* help me? :( Its important....(Soaring mount quest bug?)

Soaring is glitched as a whole anyway, if you fly around too much you dc.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Somehow, it's only Red Draco, Shinjo, and Mir that couldn't soar in GMS though they can in JMS. In GMS only cash shop mounts can soar. Accident?

Well, we can try re-submitting the tickets about it. Maybe the "new Nexon" won't ignore them like the old one did.

11. Default Re: Ok can someone *please* help me? :( Its important....(Soaring mount quest bug?)

If I remember correctly, jMS had a special event where they could recieve Mount Skill versions of those mounts, and hopefully someone can confirm or deny, but anyway, the Mount Skill versions of those mounts are able to soar, but we still use the Monster Riding skill to ride those. It's not a glitch really, but just something we just didn't get.

If you look in the video, on the Insert key in the quick slot is the mount skill version of Red Draco, rather than Monster Riding.

12. Default Re: Ok can someone *please* help me? :( Its important....(Soaring mount quest bug?)

Yeah, that happens in JMS, too. I wish they'd fix it.

Yeah. There was a special NPC, the NPC that hands out the Cash Shop riding skill ticket things in JMS, that had the option to give out skill versions of job-specific mounts in exchange for the actual mount item you bought/did quests for. It's no longer doable, though, since they removed that option a long time ago. Anyone who didn't take advantage of it at that point in time cannot fly without a cash shop mount. That raises questions on how so many Evans I see fly, though. I'm pretty sure not every single one of them have played their Evans for so long. I know Evans can glide and all that now, but what I see is different.