Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [KMST] KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

1. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Secondary stat removal just made this game even more easy, lol.

2. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Here's to hoping GMS just combines the patches when they hit. I don't want to sit at level 200 with 50 extra SP waiting for fifth job.

3. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Insert GMS exclusive Job with 5th Job, first.

4. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

And delay Pirate's 5th job, of course.

5. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

You're implying they get one.

6. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Fiel extracts directly from the skill data, he dont type things out so I doubt its a typo.
    Seems OP though xD

7. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Aren't you implying that Nexon acknowledges that Pirates exist?

8. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Actually the opposite. It be as if they didn't exist, so they didn't bother making one for them

9. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

You know who Guwaru looks like? Xerath in LoL.

10. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

It's not a typo. Luminous is all about hitting a lot.

With 999999 per hit, I'm sure Luminous ends up being the most powerful class, and thus, what the Black Mage will be designed around.

Hey, they gotta make him last as long as Pink Bean and Cygnus did somehow. He's the final boss!

11. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Yes, Luminous is the most OP class ever. Pay no attention to Dragon Slayer. He's not OP at all. Direct all nerfs towards the final hero.

As for the Black Mage, he'll be unbeatable for a few months to a year in order to get people to waste massive amounts of NX on him. Then he'll be nerfed down to reasonable final boss strength so that Maplers can actually defeat him. It'd be better if they just made him moderately difficult from the beginning instead of nigh-impossible, but, you know, Nexon. They've no sense of game balance.

12. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Maybe if the Black Mage consisted of 8 bodies stacked on top of each other at once...

13. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

No boss has ever been nerfed really after their official release, not to the level you imply. It's always the jobs that get boosted or a new system added into the game that makes it easier. (IE: new equips / Potential.)

I wish Nexon would instead develop the black mage in a way that it would require deep thinking and a complex strategy to defeat. Who cares if that makes it possible to be killable upon release? as long as it requires a lot of training and accuracy on doing every role, it wont be killed and reduced to a boss like the current ones are.

14. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

He spams dr
    Zombify
    Seduce

My body is ready.

15. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

First, let me start off by pointing out that the majority of the Maple community, especially on the official forum, lack the basic level of competence needed to even use the Firefox automatic spell checker. This game isn't exactly for the mental elite. It's just a 2D side scroller where you pay real money to change the color of your pixels.

But seriously, there's no point to including a boss that can't be killed. An unkillable boss defeats the purpose of letting us fight it in the first place. If an unkillable boss is unkillable, then it's nothing more than schmuck bait that exists only to troll the playerbase. It'd be much better if they included new content that people could, you know, actually enjoy, instead of it being something for non-hackers to avoid.

Anyway, with the new trailer coming out showing Luminous' dark half in a robe, I'm a bit confused. If Luminous is the black magician of the present, will the "final boss" be the black magician of the past?

16. Proton Straight Male
    IGN: Ngame989
    Server: Windia
    Level: 217
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Premiere
    Alliance: Ambition
    usa

I've contemplated ideas for a truly difficult final boss battle in MapleStory. The more I think of it, the harder it is to come up with something feasible. To be fair to Nexon, difficulty in a sidescroller is hard. I'm not saying that it excuses 1/1 spam as a "challenge," however, but that making a mentally challenging boss is tough. Most of my ideas would relate to pre-boss things... One thing I thought of is that you need 1 of every single class, and there would be a special party system that puts them all together in 1 giant party. Each class would have a test related to their specific class before (or during) the boss. Possibly something like a JQ that lets you use movement skills, but requires absolute parkour-level agility to complete for thieves. Hell, Nexon could do a 180 and pull out all the stops and make a separate game mode (hardcore anyone?) for the boss fight that changes/limits classes so that money =/= power as much. Really, I don't care how they do it, but I'll be disappointed beyond belief if the grandeur of the final boss is demolished by some Korean with a few thousand dollars and a 999k range.

17. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Did they remove it from all gear, empress/etc ?

18. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Yes, all gear. No more secondary stat reqs, and, also no more fame req for Black/Dark equips, I think.

19. Default Re: KMS 1.2.164 - Prelude

Nice, I read somewhere that Empress gear still had secondary stat requirement, guess they changed it.

So then free AP reset for all!!