Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cassandra Lag

1. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

KMS has the exact same data in the files for Gaga/Cassandra. Also, I have an i5-2500k @ 4.2 and an SSD. I experience no issues, of course.

2. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Halloween Cassandra and Gaga changed at midnight too as far as I know. (Most of them changed at midnight)

3. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Wait, are they one-time events or annual things? If it's one-time, it's an even stupider setup than I'd thought. Check every second for something that happens once, ever... woo.

I mean, why not just have the server broadcast the NPC's style when you enter the map or it changes, and then have the client keep using that recorded value to know which sprites to use.

Sigh.

4. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Because this would require far too much competence on the part of the dev staff.

5. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

They have so many useless characters in every town (Gaga, Cassandara, Ms. Approperiation, Inkwell, PVP guy, etc). I've always thought they should make a town just for them and we can use the mirror to go there whenever we feel like it. It really ruins the individual feel of a town to have it filled with NPCs that are everywhere.

6. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Wait, then why is this issue "GMS-exclusive" only?

I don't recall people reporting this issue in KMS forums, nor did I see any complaints in MSEA forum.

*GMS Cassandra causes lag on my old computer, but not MSEA and KMS.

Anyway, GMS client memory usage always make me wonder what are they doing with that much memory.

Running MSEA right now with 78MB memory (stationary), 200~300MB while training. It might shoot up to 400MB in certain bosses but that's it. My GMS client could use up to 800~900 MB.

7. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Obvious answer - Do the other versions have these time-based-changes programmed in?

8. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Not sure but...

9. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Then clearly it is the poorly written monkey code of the GMS localization.
    Or the clients just treat it completely differently. Or B via A.

10. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

I think you sort of answered your own question.
    The other versions use much less CPU and memory (I presume because GMS is bloated with anti-hack crap).
    So maybe being near Cassandra does use more CPU in the other versions, but they are not pushing the limit beforehand, so it makes no noticeable difference.
    Similarly, other versions may eat up a lot more memory bossing, but it doesn't cause them problems since they are not already near the limit before they start.
    On both my old comp and new, memory usage is around 900M before I even get logged in.
    My old comp only has 1.5G total, so I got problems. New comp 8G, no problems.

EditEdit:
    The real mystery to me is why does GMS require three times the memory. Are they making multiple copies of everything to help detect hact alterations? Seems really poor coding whatever the reason is.