Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cassandra Lag

1. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Can we get someone who uses twitter (and/or the official Southperry twitter @Eos) to tweet this to the Nexon twitter?

When there's a reasonable fix found for an obvious issue it would be ridiculous for it to go ignored any longer than necessary. If "new and improved" Nexon wants to prove themselves, this would be the way.

2. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Cassandra Lag

No need.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...573%26nxid%3D6

3. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

http://maplestory.nexon.net/Communit...573%26nxid%3D6

A reply already...

It's forwarded alright, but let's see when they will fix this. All of the major bugs are in the "Known Issues"
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...eIndex=1#known

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

WHOA.

5. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

@Southperry can't tweet @MapleStory, she blocked us ages ago.

6. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Hory pomegranate.

Now we wait!

Hahahahahahahahaha, Hime.

7. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Yep. That was back when she tweeted that we're a site full of haters, etc.

8. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

@Leaves you misquoted Fiel's solution!

<Fiel> I would not recommend Elements's solution - caching the animation as it loads. That would be too complicated of a caching system, and they'd have to likely overhaul their WZ reading libraries. Just caching the choice is enough to stop the lag.

Answering is a long way from fixing. If we're free of town lag during the next patch, then... well, I don't know how to finish that sentence, because I've never had enough faith in Nexon to expect such a thing.

My brain might collapse.

9. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Nexon acknowledging the problem is amazing to me.

10. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

She actually tweeted that? Hahahaha.

I don't think the people here hate Nexon at all. I think it's that it's hard to impress us.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

My Maple memory would usually skyrocket to 800-950k after an Empress run in where graphics start glitching out and disappearing. You know, like the good old days with "invisible Zakum".

12. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Try talking to other NPC's before and inbetween each time you visit ur storage if ur talking about what I think you are

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

The problem with Fiel's solution is that Cassandra will not change her animation at midnight when a new event starts.
    You'd have to restart Maple to see the new animation.

To solve that, you'd have to not only load the current animation, but also make note of the time when it will "expire". When that time comes, rescan the file for the new animation.

14. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

Should be a non-issue since you technically shouldn't be keeping maple open for days at a time. And the current memory leaks prevent such a thing, anyway. So you'll be forced to reload eventually.

15. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

My apologies. That was indeed what I had meant to say, poor choice of words. With that considered, I doubt they'll actually even look at the proposed solution - that reply from BlindBandit was copy & paste as he's done on at least 75 other threads in the past several days. So far, close to none of the reported issues have been fixed. Wouldn't get my hopes up *too* quickly. Hopefully it really did enter the queue, though. I will amend the forum post regardless.

As for Twitter - Hime follows me, but quite honestly I have consistently tweeted her regarding even far more major events, and she never does reply or even acknowledge those tweets. If I ever tweet her about something more trivial (like an event, etc.) then she usually does reply (even to DM). So I think she simply chooses to ignore it.

Well, I don't blame you for thinking this. The only reason I did it is because I knew for a fact that for the past week or so, the forum was being checked and virtually every thread received a response. Whether that means anything in terms of actual fixes - it's too soon to tell.

16. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

I disagree. Before almost every new event there is a server check which forces users to log off.

I also think their implementation would be better by using a Unix Timestamp rather than what they currently use. It would just be so much better.

17. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

But someone might happen to log in at 11:58 and be walking past Cassandra when the date rolls over, see.

18. Default Re: Cassandra Lag

The Easter event changed the way Gaga and Cassandra looked as soon as it hit midnight. It scared the lights out of me (idk why) suddenly seeing a bunny hat on Gaga when I was accepting the "Hold item for x minutes" quest.

afaik the Valentines event changed the NPCs without a SC/Maintenance/patch as well, causing the NPCs to change in appearance.

However, I only know that the quest dialogue pictures changed (even with the same quest as the one before midnight); idk if the actual NPCs in town updated past midnight.

19. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Could anyone confirm whether this issue exists (or has existed previously) in KMS? I'm sure this isn't a system exclusive to GMS, so...

PS: I don't think I've ever experienced this particular lag, so there's that. But I have a better-than-average machine :S