Thread: [Magician] Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

1. Default Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

There is something i dont understand:
    Each skill build that i dound out until now since Tempest update says to max Poison Breath and leave 4 points in Blazing Arrow.

But when i checked the 3rd skill there is Poison Mist which is more powerfull and more affective.
    why max skill which i wont use in the 3rd job? (i know i wont use them both but it's for training at the 2 nd job)

2. Default Re: Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

Because Poison Breath has DOT and Mist Eruption gets stronger for every DOT applied.
    EDIT: It also hits more monsters. As for 3rd job you won't really use it since you have better options like fire demon and explosion, but you will use it a lot in 4th job.

3. Default Re: Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

Pretty much what @High said :o

but for a bit of elaboration: A Non-UA F/P has the following skills which apply DoT

-Poison breath
    -Fire demon
    -Poison mist
    -Paralyze
    -Big Bang
    -Meteor (Has a CD)

Now all of these are used with Mist Eruption, which has its damage increased the more DoT is applied to a monster, up to a max of 5. Now you can see that a F/P has 5 skills which apply DoT (without a cooldown), so when fighting bosses they're generally ALL used. So poison breath will see a lot of use in 4th job.

4. Default Re: Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

Ok got it, thanks!

5. Default Re: Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

Also if you messed up, you probably have a lot of SP left over after 180 to max everything in every job.

6. Default Re: Blazing Arrow VS Poison Breath

Well i'm preety sure i wont get to that lvl anytime soon.. :)