Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Magician] Luminous Skill Build

1. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

How do we trigger equilibrium now if they changed the light/dark gauge system?

2. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

3. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

I started adding points before reading no MG. I have 4 in MG. What does this mean?

4. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

It means you will use more MP pots then someone who didn't put points into it, and less than someone who maxed it.

5. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

I don't know what you all are talking about. My Jr. Boogie familiar plus the passive healing affect for using skills of the mode you're currently in allows me to get away with using NO potions whatsoever.

I'm sure that'll change when it comes time to LHC for those last 10 or so levels though. (I'm just getting him to 120 for the Link Skill.)

6. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

Yeah, I can't say I see the point in maxing MG so late. I maxed it in 1st job, and even with it maxed, I've used maybe 50 total MP pots as of level 85. The only time I even use one is if I'm fighting a boss, since I use Spectral Light. No Jr. Boogie familiar either. Though I might grab one now, because of what Endgame said.

7. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

What should I pick for my special book?
    Kinda want to go with an attack, but if a passive is better...
    Hng.

8. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

Thanks for the build. Have been loosely following it and it is very helpful.

9. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

How can you use less than zero potions?

10. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

i maxed magic guard early and haven't used a hp or mp pot and i'm 83 so far.

11. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

I think he means for the damage increase don't max it...? Maybe it's just easier to keep your MP higher when it's not constantly being hit for damage.

12. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

Probably not much of an issue in gMS because you guys get your % MP/HP potions but in kMS it was a pain in the ass because the only MP potions we have are dews and elixirs. Saving up MP was the way to go because it was passive.

13. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

I usually go with whatever skill is recommended to be leveled to max first, as it's usually the most expensive set of mastery books. In this case it's the magic mastery skill.

14. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

Likewise. Reflection/Apoc serve their purposes quite well. And with all dem Hits Lumi has, more stable damage is highly beneficial.

15. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

I dont see why you should not max magic guard in GMS. With sunfire or eclipse always active, you use 50% of the MP you normally do. Not only that, you have Jr.Boogie familiars. And a few mp pots from quests and events. I have not used a single MP pot so far. Even when my jr.Boogie was recharging I leveled up before i could come close to running out of MP. Actually, maxing magic guard saved my life. I got an alien sack from the Mesoranger quests. I went and used it on my lv2x luminous at Grendel's library adn watched all the Luminous w/o MG die

16. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

Did you read?

I explain why exactly 2 posts before yours.

17. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

why max moonlight spear before spectral light?

18. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

In kMS, Spectral Light wasn't that great. I heard they buffed it in gMS though.

19. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

Almost 3 times as powerful, it seems like the main 3rd job skill to use while training on flat maps (e.g. Aliens/MP3).

20. Default Re: Luminous Skill Build

My (3rd job) Luminous without a single meso of funding and wearing the free equips from Maple Admin can solo hard mode Azwan using Spectral Light alone -- which is a lot more than I can say for my other characters. All my other unfunded 3rd jobbers get overwhelmed by the spawn and run out of time.