Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [KMST] KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

1. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

Well it’s not fact I know but from that picture and Magnus I don’t see what else it could be. What Aslemn drew seems very likely, weren’t there those job ID’s Dragonic Armour/Sword? We’ve already seen a few sketches of swords and such with dragon themes.

2. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

That was ironical .......

.... Facepalm

3. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

You mean ironic?

4. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

I love it how people say stupid pomegranate, then claim they were being ironic while having no idea what the word irony means. Oh, and they misspell ironic. The words you say, know how and when to use them. In the case of "ironical", that is never.
    inb4 I am called Paul again

5. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

Grade A post. You deserve a medal.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I'd rather them revamp the damage formulas as well as how much defense, avoid, and accuracy matter so that there's a reason to put points into more than just one or two of the four stats, and then change auto assign so that the player can customize which points it will add in each level.

Hell, it might not be a bad idea to change how the stats affect different skills as well.

7. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

People can put points into HP. Most don't. Even if different stats affect different things, it won't be long before someone comes up with the one stat build to trump them all and customization gets thrown out the window.

Even if players are given the opportunity to buff up their defense/hp/accuracy/avoidability in any meaningful way, it just won't negate the fact that, with bosses having time limits and some monsters having high hp, offense is what matters most. The ability to customize one's character simply can't trump the "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! ORE WA SENSHI" mindset of Maplers.

When it comes to MapleStory, simplicity is best. After the failure that was secondary stat requirements, the only two effective methods of stat distribution are dumping it all into the primary stat, or, as in games like La Tale or Elsword, simply having stats automatically distribute themselves, so that there's no customization whatsoever.

Still, the second has far more potential to screw over classes because, you know, Nexon sucks horribly at balancing and would make a number of classes underpowered. Probably warriors, just for the sake of ironically having what should be the strongest class instead be mid to bottom tier.

Getting rid of secondary stat requirements is probably the best possible thing they could do without running the risk of screwing something else up.
    Last edited by anondesu9000; 2012-07-04 at 07:32 PM.

8. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

Before Mercedes came out, I was expecting them to eventually pull out new races as a cash grab. Like how they were in Mabinogi before they made them free. (Or were Elves and Giants always free to make and I'm confusing them for something else Mabinogi had for cash shop that was eventually made free?)

Elves (I figured since Athena Pierce was an elf, there had to be more around. Well, that turned out to be accurate.) for being better at Bowman and Thief classes, Mu Lung's pandas for being better at Warrior and Pirate (They have bit of a pirate problem, so they learned to fight back?) classes, fairies for being better at Magician classes. All making free to play human characters obsolete.

.....Then Mercedes came out and gave us a free playable elf, and there went my theory.

9. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

Human characters in MapleStory will never be obsolete, not as long as they keep making all the best classes time limited.

But if that's the cost of keeping the human characters from ye olden 7(GMS)-9(KMS) years ago relevant...well, I think it might just be time to retire them.

10. Default Re: KMST 1.2.437 - Black Mage

The problem I see with doing different races like Mu Lung Pandas etc is that unless they made them the exact same size as current sprites (which I think would look odd) then all those NX and regular equips wouldn’t be compatible. They would have to make new sprites for everything which doesn’t seem like something Nexon would do. Whereas adding some pointy ears to a character is pretty easy.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

... and they still have a problem with those ears poking through hats they shouldn't.