Thread: [KMST] [1.2.178] Night Walker

1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

That's something i'm pretty sure they won't do. There's never that drastic a change after they've been changed once. Usually it's one change and it's done.

2. Default

Are you basing this off the other four?

Who said those are finalized?

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I base that off fourth job way back when (iirc, they only changed those classes once), skill changes (berserk, double shot, dark sight time lowered, chakra, BoT, etc), and pirates.

Besides, they said "once testing for that class is finished, the next class will be released".

4. Default

Oh right, I forgot they gave warriors a mini-FJ.

Unless the skill description is lacking, the Windbreaker transform has no damage boost so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Late 3rd job? At 61 my Assassin's pilled range is hitting 950 or so. With Blessing it would probably be over 1000 already (I have 92 atk with warrior elixirs, so it would take level 4-5 blessing). Doing 200-1400 x 4 is still decent damage (average 3000 per target) - in fact it is better than my L7 (which hits about 1200-5300) unless it's against a single target.

Crits give Vampire only a slight disadvantage:
    1/16: all 4 fail, 160%
    1/4: 1 works, 260%
    3/8: 2 work, 360%
    1/4: 3 work, 460%
    1/16: 4 work, 560%
    Averages to 360%, L7 averages to 400%.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2008-11-22 at 04:30 PM.

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Albatross lets them use wind shot and magnum shot.

Really? O_o Meh. 40% still sounds like a fairly low hit anyway. Can't really compare a single hit skill to a mob skill though now can we?

Night walkers get SP at second job don't they? I don't remember. Is that 400% L7 average including SP? O_o

6. Default

No, only crit.

Multiple low hits are actually favorable for critting classes, since critical operates independently of base damage %. In fact, if a NW was given SE, his Vampire would jump from 90% a hit to 172% a hit. With a possible 24 hits, that is a LOT.

Vampire doesn't work with SP, does it?

7. Default

Vampire does only 40% damage a hit now

8. Default

The "Dark sight" move, Wind Walk, boosts damage on wind-based moves. That would include Magnum shot and wind shot, as well as the KB move in second. Probably what he's thinking of.

Also, arguing about the Cygnus classes effectiveness at bosses is pretty much irrelevant... Their cap is 120, remember? No Nightwalker or Windbreaker is going to be able to HT like that, there's not much reason to take one to Zakum more than once, since anything they can do can also be done better by their normal counterparts...

People got through Pap and Zakum long before 4th came out, I'm sure Nightwalkers can too.

9. Default

I didn't read the +SE part. I read the whole thing and I missed it. I thought you were referring to 90% -> 172% as no critical to with critical, which now that I think about it, doesn't make sense.
    I stopped functioning correctly, I think.

:[

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

...after level 14x that is. If a cygnus class is level 120, then i think they overpower their normal counter parts up to level 14x or so, depending on funding. Mostly referring to zak and any other boss that ends up coming out in the future.

11. Default

Dang, and I thought nightwalkers would be doing something interesting with that mask.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I just noticed two more reasons why this class sucks.

1) You can't snipe with vampire. You have to be in the mob. Good luck to future night walkers and their lolhp.

2) No fake/damage reducers. Again, good luck taking a hit.