Page 87 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2273
  1. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

Spoiler

-

Excuse me when I say this but they either need to tone the pineapple down or someone is definitely in a need of a revamp...
    Last edited by Sephie; 2013-04-18 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added CB instead since it's more relevant...

2. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

Implying that bigger is better? I'd take the Pally animation over that flamboyant crap any day.
    That every gods damned class is starting to look the same in concept is another, much uglier matter though.

3. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

Shocking that the skill which hits 7 targets and has a 3x bigger hitbox has a bigger animation. I didn't realise that the Fire Blast concept was a sword splitting a sun. It all makes sense now.

4. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

The post I responded to mentioned nothing about the workings of the skills, only the animations. It looks like she is saying that Pallys needs an overhaul because Dawn Warriors has flashier skills.
    If your remark was directed at me, which I assume it was since you quoted me, your attitude is totally uncalled for because it is made irrelevant in how I understood her point.

5. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

We Paladin don't need flashy skills, we have 3 different ways to not get killed by DR, a skill that weakens 1/1 attacks, and one of the best buffs in the game. We're practical.

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

excuse you but wait for your turn.

7. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

What about (fire/holy) Charged Blow? It has a sword like Solar Pierce and is still a thrust forward.

I can't tell if you've missed his point or you're just choosing to ignore it.

The second part of his post was indeed directed at you, and unlike the first half where he did need to understand how you understood her point (which it did), your second point was only you adding on to what you first said about what she said. You said that Solar Pierce had a similar concept to (fire) Blast—it does not. And if you were indeed talking about the entire class and not the individual skill, then I'm sure he would have another thing to say about that.

Even if she meant an animation renewal, Dark Impale's ugliness is still worse than Blast's oldness (imo :]).

8. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

An unrelated person comes in speaking for 3 separate parties, offering no insight at all. What would the world do without your kind?

On topic; I wonder what they will do with the 2 remaining Cygnus classes, it sure looks like they put more OP in as they go along. Hardly anything new, but still.

9. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

As long as you understand that you misunderstood, your opinion about me is not important to me.

Even more reason for Blaze Wizards to be last! It would be nice if Flame Gear had a makeover like the elementals and Eagle Eye, instead of being replaced. As things are though, I wouldn't be surprised if they received Megiddo Flame's flames for all their skills.

10. Donator Straight Male
    panama

oh hey, you're over here now.

i think she might have meant a range renewal too, i mean, 2.5 blasts fit inside that thing in both directions (so 6.25 blasts give or take!)

11. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

Yes, I'm not getting detached from the game anytime soon, am I... In fact, I just re-installed an older version of the game to say the following.

You could fit 4.75 Sacrifices (on average) horizontally into Solar Pierce, and 2.47 vertically. I guess that means 11.73 Sacrifices fit into Solar Pierce. And just like Blast, Sacrifice is also desperately in need of an animation renewal.

12. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

I do agree that, if nothing else, the Paladin attack animations should change to reflect the range buffs the skills got a while back. I have a hard time telling exactly how close to an enemy I need to be to hit them.

13. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

Psh! DrKs and Paladins both got their update at the same time. At least you got your ugly DI while we continue to use Charged Blow for 2 job levels :S.

14. Donator Straight Male
    panama

we didn't want DI! and your ACB destroys impale in every possible way, including range! your 1h weapon has better range than a spear -flips logic-

15. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

Excuse you, you don't speak for all Dark Knights. Dark Impale was the best thing to happen to Dark Knights since fixing the old stupid Berserk. Even if it is an ugly skill it is like mushing both buster and crusher together in one skill which is exactly what should happen, a true advancement to your skills.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

let me rephrase, most of us didn't like the sacrifice we had to make to attain DI.

and i personally didn't like getting an attack that was "cover-all situations" it certainly dumbed down DrK's to "when in doubt, spam DI"

17. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

isn't that every class in the game now though? There's very little variety required in skill useage, just spam whatever does the most single target %/s and you're golden.

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

There's starting to be more emphasis on positioning in fights so it's not so bad.

19. Default Re: [KMS]Inkwell Diary # 54 - Inkwell's New Year Greetings

I am sorry but no, there was no sacifice made for Dark Impale, there was no dumbing down of Dark Knights for Dark Impale.

Before Dark Impale it was "When in doubt, spam Crusher." Fury was only useful in like 1 - 3 situations tops.

You go to one map that is good for Crusher and you spam it, you go to one map that is good for Fury and you spam it, you go to any map now and spam Dark Impale, guess what, there isn't a difference between the three.

At no point where Dark Knights better than they are now, at no point where they ever dumbed down (Except for the Berserk change but Berserk was retarded in the first place, it would have been better if there was only certain skills you could use while in Berserk mode instead of just improving your overall damage), at no point did Dark Knights take more skill to play than they do now.

Dark Knights are the only class in the game that have managed to stay consistently consistent in what they are and what they do.

20. Donator Straight Male
    panama

which most people i know didn't like. correct.