Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

IS it Just me or do the swords on the bottom left look awfully close to Magnus sword in that image?

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Question: Who is Magnus? I hear he's a commander, where does it say that in game? and why are people assuming that the demon guy with the sword is him?

3. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Magnus is supposedly a new general that appears in the Phantom storyline, but I've yet to see anything about him.

All I know about the Phantom storyline is that he ends up meeting Lotus.

4. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Magnus doesn't appear, but Phantom mentions him in some of the quests. :p

5. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

The sword is Soul Calibur, pomegranate just got real.

6. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

If you look closely, you can see that the sword is actually the Pirate legend.

7. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

And that's all he will remain, the legend of the poor pirates soul, trapped in a sword forever to be swung.

8. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Maybe you can use the sword for punching people. That sword is actually a Knuckler (hahaha no)

9. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Pirates use cutlasses and guns. Pirate weapon wouldn't be that far off lol.

10. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

The second link, the swords design is one of the designs on the lower left of the first posts image.

11. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Sorry, but this image seems rather obvious to me. This is a compilation of concept sketches for the sword whose final version is the colored one at the top. If you look at the skecthes, they put arrows next to a couple of them. Those mark the ones with elemnts they decided were 'keepers'. The most mportant of the arrows is the one that goes from a blade image in the third column at the top and runs down to point to a sword in the third column at the bottom. Look at the final version of the sword and you can see that it combines the overall shape of the sword pointed at with the repeated blade shape of image at the origin of the arrow. Take those three swords/blades and put them together and you will get the sword in color/

This whole sheet is a very common kind of thing you see in a game's art department. Most likely, all of the blades and swords you see were drawn by a different person on the art staff. The designers say to them "Here is what we are looking for, now give us your version." Then the designers look at them all at once and pick and choose what they like and don't like amongst the offerings. Then they assign a final artist to mock up the idea and you get the final item.

As far as it purpose, I think that this is probably one of the in-game swords for the character shown here: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=56666
    That character clearly has a sword of the same design found in these sketches. This may be a lesser version of it, or it could be the Empress weapon for it. (Just like how DS gets new mace weapons every job advance, this could be one of those for the character concept here.)

I foresee this character concept arriving as an 'opposite' for Luminous, or at least a primary enemy for him.

12. Default Re: The Many Faces of Sword [Inkwell's Secret Diary]

Aren't there enough of those swords in that picture for it to just be a new weapon class' design? Either it could be yet another weapon class like canes or ..*Dun dun dun... a replacement for the current 2 handed swords in game? That would be hoping way too much but damm it would be awesome. For Bigbang 2.0 it sure would fit though.