1. Default Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

In KMS White Knight/Paladins elemental damage is no longer halved on bosses. Does this include P-resist as well since Fiels extractions list it under Elements? Has anyone with a KMS WK/Pally tested this yet or is it possible to find this out from the game data?

2. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

Its only with monsters with Thunder Resist that the pally will do 100% of the damage regardless, but at the same time i hear monster with Thunder Weakness will not receive the bonus damage while Dual Charging.

3. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

According to elinforest and orangemushrooms blog:

White Knight/Paladin
    -Removed elemental disadvantages on bosses

White Knight
    -Lightning Charge:when dual charging elements, damage will not be decreased if the monster is resistant to one of the two elements

I want to know if "-Removed elemental disadvantages on bosses" includes P-resist as well.

4. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

i was not aware that physical was an element

5. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

I ask because Fiel always list P-resist under Elements in all of his extractions. So i assume that means the game regards it as a Physical type elemental resistance.

6. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

I don't think anyone knows, so they're dodging the question even though you pointed out your reasoning for asking it even though Physical technically isn't an element.

The only way we'll find out is if someone is a high level Paladin in KMS that can access a boss with Physical Resist and test it. Even when this update comes to JMS I don't think my Paladin can access any bosses with Phys Resistance (Although I'm not too far away from Cygnus, I believe she has it).

Regardless, unless someone is able to test you probably won't get a definite answer.

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Ergo it only applies to Thunder or X element (X being Ice, Fire or Holy. Depends on what you have charged)

Theoretically speaking, P-Resist still applies to Paladins, it would be too derpy otherwise.

8. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

I like how you cherry picked your quote.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

doesn't paladin's damage get reduced 4x (not accounting PDR) when attacking PB/empress with a charge? meaning it's elemental/physical and gets the reduction for both?

10. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=55283

Physical is an element, and Elemental Decrease is actually pretty useful for Phantom because of nearly every boss having Physical Resist.

Not sure about Paladins though.

11. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

It certainly used to be that way. For PB, it was any charge but Lightning.
    Unless they changed it, P resist only looks at the actual skill used for an inherent element.
    No element defined in the skill, damage gets cut in half.

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=17245
    Specifically, this post.
    (Dang. Been almost three years now.)

So, for my speculation, I'd imagine it still applies to Paladins.

Also, doesn't that fairy boss in Ellin have P resist too?
    Last edited by Lugin; 2012-07-02 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Link to specific post.

12. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

It would be very easy for someone in KMS to test against Epineah the fairy queen boss of Ellin forest PQ who has Physical elemental resistance. If for Paladins they made it like Elemental Decrease then Pallys would be immune to P-resist also.

13. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

I forgot that boss had insane Resistances.

If I downloaded KMS again I could log into my old Paladin if I remembered the password and try it out. But that's a task for another day.

Too derpy for a class that has literally nothing going for it in terms of DPS? Even if it ignored all resistances, Paladins would still be low DPS compared to some of the other classes.

They did, until Nexon actually did something about it by implementing the change mentioned in Post #3. If all the translations were correct, Paladins suffer no damage reduction against elementally strong bosses anymore. The question of this thread is if that applies to Physical, since Fiel puts Physical Resistance under Elemental Strengths in extractions.

14. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

Im so Happy! I finally found the proof in this video that Paladins are indeed now immune to all elemental resistances including Physical Element. This videos shows a lvl 192 Paladin soloing empress and job instructors. As you can see he does the same damage to Cygnuss, who is strong to Holy and Physical element, as he does to the job instructors who do not have Physical or Holy resistance.

KMS[1.2.165] Lv.192 Paladin Vs Empress

15. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

I'm not sure that counts as conclusive evidence. Unless he has no % Boss Damage, he should be doing more damage on Cygnus if Paly was immune to Physical Resistance. (Boss damage does not work on instructors, but will work on Empress)

16. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

oh maybe your right i didnt think of that. then maybe its the opposite T_T.

Well cygnuss does have 10% more pdr than instructors though. Now that i watch the video over its hard to tell whats going on exactly. i wish someone would do a real test.

17. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

I honestly doubt they don't have Boss dmg in that video, so it's more likely they're exempt from all immunities except phys.

18. Default Re: Are WK/Pladins in KMS now immune to P-resist?

Well, someone could test it on ephina right? (The fair queen in Ellin ForesT). She has 50% P-resist. I guess i could test to see a difference before and after the patch once we know when the patch will be.