3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

If they were "so efficient" they wouldn't release a version with an item-generator-sized hole in it.
    Being quick to rush out when the sirens go off is nice, but preventing the fires in the first place is better.

4. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

maybe its a plan to see whos doing the generating if they can get the ones that do it that is

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Have you ever tried programming? Accounting for every single possible problem its almost impossible.

6. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

They are humans, they can't just know what will happen because if that were the case a large group of nexon employees would be rich and a nice reaction against item generation is good. Remember that no game is bug free.

7. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

I'm happy with their response thus far. Have you noticed how active the bug/glitch team are on the Nexon Forums? They're responding to literally 20~30 threads per day with some variation of "we're aware of this issue - a fix is coming". Now, whether that means it will actually be fixed remains to be seen. But even if 25% of those issues do get fixed soon, that's already a ton more efficient than they've ever been.

Keep it up, imo.

8. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

I doubt you will lose it (a scrolled one) anyway. They'll ban people holding more then a certain number.

9. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

I got a response to my three tickets I posted up on Friday within an hour. They weren't just auto generated message either they were a real response. Two got closed the other is a "work in progress" mark while they keep me updated on the issue.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Actually I have. Was a professional programmer for about 25 years.
    There is indeed always one more bug.
    But it's not normally this serious, nor this similar to previously patched bugs. Not if you test your code, and not if you employ the right people.
    How come the hackers are always able to come up with these things within days or even hours of the version-up, and under black-box conditions at that, while Nexon's own people can't imagine what is possible while having the code open to them?

11. Water Gay Male
    canada

I think there's a mixture of things at play here.

1) The current development staff for MapleStory know little-to-nothing about how the game was originally designed (Nexon has already admitted that their original devs are long gone), and this hinders them from actually remedying some of the long-known faults with the design of the game.
    2) The language and distance barrier makes the GMS implementation yet more suspectible to these issues. It also further increases the response time for crisis situations (obviously).

With that considered, I think it's important to track the seeming improvement that has been occurring as of late. I think there is a clear trend here. Hope it continues.

That's pretty spectacular, I must say. If you don't mind me asking, what was the nature of the ticket? Glitch report/account hacked/etc.

12. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

this only means Nexon is taking a very serious stance now against hackers
    as of 2012
    they have introduced black cipher and variety of means to suppress hackers such as making certain items untradable, removing MTS and patching dupes involving store permits
    although these changes are unfavorable to those that don't hack, these changes when taken into consideration in the long run does 2 very important things for the game

1. balance and fair play
    2. prevent situations like these from happening (maintenance that impedes player time, esp on weekends)

Do you honestly prefer a game where everyone is running around with 15+AEE items?
    Do you really want to be the 98% of the maple community that has no influence over the economy, whereas the 2% hordes loads of GM scrolls and WS?
    Do you want to play in a channel that keeps crashing constantly?
    Do you want players to have item generated stuff that arent suppose to be available yet? (WABR etc)
    These were issues that plagued the game for many many months.
    The removal of MTS was one of the best attacks against hackers, this prevented dupes, inventory hacks, and a variety of world transfers that generated "poofable" items (in other words items that mislead ppl, Ex. a 44 attack DKhanjar is really a regular one)

13. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

These hackers probably have been here longer than Nexon's new development team.

14. Water Gay Male
    canada

This is actually too true.

15. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

I thought the huge influx of weapons came from marvel wheels.

16. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

Thats the thing though. Knowledge is power and how they use that power is up to the one that wields it.
    Two paths lay before the IT world
    Black Hat. White Hat.

and those that brute for money/competition are usually Grey

17. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

First was about CWKPQ. The response as a simple we're looking into it, testing it and they don't know why all of a sudden the sigils stopped working.

Second was about APQ. Response was just a simple, the drops were disabled in the patch and can be fixed an upcoming server maintenance.

Last was about Neo City 2227. I told them I resubmitted the ticket from when it went missing in the Ascension patch. They replied with they believe the change of the Time Gate NPC disabled entrance to that area. They will look into it and in the mean time keep the ticket open to give me information as it comes.

18. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Hackers only do one thing, Find a way to screw over the game.

Nexon on the other hands got their hands full with localization,patching errors,dealing with the hackers, etc etc.

19. Default Re: Known issue: Empress Cygnus bosses

Since when nexon have. A new developer team oO

20. Water Gay Male
    canada

So essentially, all three tickets received proper, detailed responses. That is definitely... new. Just wondering - who were the GMs/CS staff that replied? Because it really seems as though they either hired some brand new, very effective ones, or suddenly decided to change their customer service policy from "this is proprietary info" to "let's actually discuss the issues". There's a couple new names on the Nexon forums, too, so just wondering if it's the same people on both fronts.