1. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

I have around 6000 HP on my Jett at level 92, and around 1500 weapon and magic defense. yet every time i try and fight the galactic drill, it kills me in one hit. It does a laser thing and summons the blood things that Pianus summons, and i don't even see any damage, i think i saw it doing about 1000 with the laser attack and then all of a sudden i'm dead.

Is it glitched or something?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

I've never fought it at that level, but from what I remember back when it was released, a lot of people were complaining that it was one-hitting them.
    The others were one-hitting it. Or thereabouts.

Doesn't sound like it's changed, but I'll go check later.

3. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

My brother went to it on his demon slayer after the patch and the boss hit at most about 6k but on his mage (I'm not sure what job or what level it was) it 1 hit him for about 11 to 12k. I didn't ask him much about it but I hope I was able to provide some insight.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

It has a magic atk that hits for about 15k dmg, meaning most people will die if they get hit by that atk. Just try to tank its body

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Ah i see, thats really retarded.

Thanks!

6. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

Tank his body and try to kill it as fast as possible, the drill doesn't have a lot of hp despite its insane damage.

7. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

Just saying, the tanking touch method is not 100% effective. I still got killed on my Jett.?

8. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

The drill boss is one of those damage fails with Nexon America not knowing what they were doing with their own game.

They'll fix it eventually in like... 2013 or something...

I also never understood why "end-game" bosses/monsters in maple would have to do such high damage that only warriors can survive 1 or 2 hits and -ALL- other classes die instantly without having a mere option to survive with skillful playing, unless playing on high HP classes is actually seen as skillful end-game thing...

Also hyperbody doesn't work since that is only based on player's base HP and excludes -all- HP boosting items, even skill HP boosts.

In other RPG's, damage tanking is based on tanks taking the high damage hits instead of someone else because of aggro control done by the tanks themselves, however aggro control in Maple doesn't excist, since bosses do full screen high hits to -EVERY- player in the screen.

In maple there is no teamwork needed, because teamwork doesn't enhance a team.

Best skill in maple to avoid being 1-hit killed: 1-hit kill the boss yourself.

9. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

We get it, you hate nexon. Was any of this necessary to say?

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Managed to kill it easily enough by tanking the body, thanks for that tip :D

11. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

tanking body doesnt work for me. somewhere about 50% hp left i can't touch his body anymore and i get hit by the magic attack.

12. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

Maplestory is a 2D game. Do you seriously think having a designated "tank" would work at all?

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I suppose it could work if there was a skill that causes the tank to take any damage inflicted on allies. But with the ludicrously high damage done by bosses in this game, it's not possible right now.

I think something like that might have worked in the past, but with all these new overpowered jobs and silly bosses, we've come too far to introduce the simple "Tank" right now without it completely changing how bossing works. I doubt Nexon would re-arrange their entire game to introduce a single job.

But saying that, i would like some better tactics in this game, like a Bishop revamp and a Tank class so that the game isn't just "Max attack range and HP"

14. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Don't push it. We know you hate nexon and maplestory, but this does not hold true at all.

15. Default Re: Galactic Drill killing me in one hit?

I don't hate Nexon or Maplestory, I just point out some of their (bigger) mistakes, that's all I do. ;)

But ok, you're right, DPS wise a squad can help each other, and maybe occasionally reviving each other is teamwork too.

16. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Try again.