1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Ok, this is just speculation, but if 3rd job is moving to lvl 60, and if potential tiers will be moved to that level (61) as well, that means maple magician shields (the lvl 64 ones) would gain a tier. It is ridiculously hard to find a tier 3 mage shield in small servers unless you like cheating and/or buying from hackers, so this would be great news for me personally (if it will happen).
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-06-25 at 04:16 PM.

2. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Assuming nexon gives enough of a pomegranate to change potential tier levels as well. It wouldn't suprise me if they change it to like:

1-59 Tier 1
    60-99 Tier 2
    100+ Tier 3

3. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Why would potential tier be affected by job advancement?
    Not to mention how many different 71+ magician shields there are.

4. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

The way it is now:

1-30 1st Tier (1st job)
    31-70 2nd tier (2nd Job)
    70+ 3rd Tier (3rd+ Job)

So people would assume that if the job requirement levels are being lowered, then potential tiers would be as well?

5. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Potential tier levels haven't changed as of current and no indication at all has been given that they will be changed (the intuitive link between character level and potential tier is arbitrary). You will not get an exact answer from anywhere except further kMST/kMS patches.

So um, well done for being accidentally prepared for something no-one can predict. Maybe. =_=

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Because the potential tiers coincided with job advancements until now (give or take a level... Nexon isn't really very good with inclusive vs. exclusive ranges [cf. events that end a day early because somebody input 00:00 instead of 23:59]).

They don't have to move them, but it would be nice.

7. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

3rd tier is 71+
    And no, that is a ridiculous assumption.
    There is no indication that potential tiers have anything to with job advancement rather than coincidence.

8. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Probably same thing that happens with Potential lock. Nothing.

You can potential lock a rare line and cube it to Unique. You'll still have that rare line. Still 3% mainstat on a 1st line unique.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Same thing that happened to old 4th tier items when they removed it, only in reverse.

10. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

So people who had their already cubed items now have(in thieves case) the advantage of a 3rd tier top/bottom over an overall(there are no 100+ tops/bottoms for thieves).
    Not to mention how many other items would be affected by this change.
    Kenta's goggles, VSS, scar/targa helms, strong machine gloves, most capes, most belts, most earrings, stirgemans pants, sports day equips and god knows what else all changed to second tier?
    I really don't think making a ton of people lose 50-100% main stat that they cubed is a good way to make them buy more cubes.

11. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Untradeable suggested 100+ for 3rd tier, when it starts at 3rd job, which would be 60. Read the TS's post, he states the shields may go up one tier, they're 2nd tier now, so he's implying 60+ = 3rd.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

On the contrary. 3rd tier will now start at 61, instead of 71. Which is where this thread started: level 64 Maple Magician Shields (along with all level 64 Maple gear, and level 67 Unwelcome Visitor gear, along with lots of more ordinary gear) will suddenly become 3rd tier and have a similar potential to a VIP Magician Shield.

2nd tier will still start at 31, as before.

101 would have been the start of 4th tier, if we still had it. As it is, the question to be asked is whether 4th job decent skills such as SE, SI, Adv. Bless will now be possible to get on level 100 (tradeable) gear instead of level 120+.

13. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

I was talking about him saying that 3rd tier should be 100+.
    If 3rd tier became 61+, I don't think anyone would mind much, just saying that there is most likely no link between advancements and potenti tiers.

What wouldn't surprise me however, is a cube or other cash shop item that changes tier.
    I believe KMS already even has those for maple items, as I recall seeing a level 50 ring with 12% on a line.

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I guess this is kind of in the wrong forum. Yeah, I'm saying that if 3rd tier possibly changes from 71+ to 61+, that's a good thing. I should've specified this better, so I've edited my post. @Untradable I don't think changing 3rd tier from 71+ to 101+ would make any sense, plus people would rage (just like they raged when Nexon removed 4th tier to replace it with legendary potential level).

Because it always has.
    There's only like ~5 71+ magician shields, 2 of which are ridiculously rare, and all of them are hard to find in low-population servers and/or are 99% duped or made illegitimately, which I tend to personally avoid. Another bonus of the lvl 64 shield is that it has 3 more slots than any of the 71+ ones.

15. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Oh god, if Nexon were to add 4th tier, I would believe they would add it 140+, or 150+, assuming new equipment come out.

16. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

That would certainly inspire more cubing = more $$$ for Nexon
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-06-25 at 05:29 PM. Reason: lolgrammar

17. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Would rather want them to get a 2nd weapon like mechanics did last kms patch. Maybe a spell book or a job shield like demon slayer/mikhail.

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

No it hasn't.

Potential system was created to revolve around the limitations set by job advancements. Just because something is created with boundaries in mind does not mean that those boundaries changing automatically changes a system that doesn't have any relation. Limitations on potential is not guaranteed to change at all, but apparently none of us would be surprised if it did.

19. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

The only duped shield is that 27 matt 21% int 12 star last uwg one(or is that VIP) afaik.
    I'm not saying its easy to find them, but shouldn't reverse shields be relatively easy to craft?

Although I guess piece of times are harder to come by with a low population.

20. Default Re: Maple Magician Shields will be more valuable in the future?

Only timeless shield, no reverse. Meaning PB needs to be killed frequently enough for RoTs to be in well supply. Then the shield are equip binding, like other timeless, which is a turn off to most anyone. Other option is the 130 shield, which also binds when equipped.