Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Magician] F/p Arch mage and bossing

1. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

It is? I could have sworn whenever I get 1/1'd I get reduced all the way to 0. But I just tested it, and turns out I keep being wrong. :V

It seems like most damage reduction effects say to take the damage, and cut it by a certain amount, then remove that from the HP total, while for magic guard it says to remove the damage from MP until it gets to a certain percent of the damage, or when MP reaches 0. But that gets more odd when you consider the effects of a 1/1. It must calculate the reduction in MP before it calculates the reduction in HP, otherwise magicians would only lose 20% on their current HP rather than all of it.

2. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

yeah. I think they make 1/1 different for magic guard. just how they did for blue aura. I remember it would OHKO anyone when a boss did 1/1. But man I wish there was someway to protect against 1/1's. I'm gonna get raped when I start Bossing pasted zakum.

3. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

This is how I've always survived bosses like zakum: auto hp pet thingy
    For the harder bosses like chaos zak/pb/ht you'll def need auto hp or you'll NEVER survive unless you rely heavily on support classes, and even then you'll be lucky if you survive. But to be more safe than not, you'll also need hero's will and perhaps make cleansing pots, which is like using hero's will but in a potion. Hero's Will at lvl 5 has a horrendous 6 minute cooldown, while the cleansing potions have a slightly more manageable 5 minute cooldown, so I think it would be great to alternate between the two of them for the bosses who seduce like a motherpineappleer.

4. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

oh yeah. I never though of using the cleaning potions. Hero's will will be a pain though because of pianus. But in other news some friends of mine and I when and killed horntail and I got a card + pendent. I did end up dieing twice though. Some things Ive noticed about HT and upper tier bossing in generial:

1) Stacking reduce status effect -2 seems to be good. I had an overall with 1line potienal and 1 neb. and it works. Its not exactly 4 seconds becuase of server lag but I did notice I got out of seduce before they did every time. I think just 1 line of it would be negligable.
    2) I want stance. and I want it bad. my infinity was only lvl 8 during the run. but still only stance 33% of the time is annoying.

After noting these things I wonder how effective +1 second of invincablity would be for suriviablity as well as a sedu stance. Oh and if anyone has any tips on how to kill HT I would like to know. My party did tail,legs, right side but skip the right arm, Heads, then left arm. The right arm died while attacking the heads. They didnt want to take out arms because of seduce and they dont seem to do anything if you dont attack them. and as a f/p I like hit everything. So is there a way for me to not do that or should I just attack it anyway since its right next to the wings. And where should I stand, I feel like I need to be on the closest platform becuase BigBang has such a small range.

5. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

What I do is Legs + Tail at the same time (stand on top of Legs and spam Paralyze), Left Arm, Wings (Left Arm usually dies before Wings so I move to Right after it does), Right arm, and Heads in any order.
    I save Infinity for the Arms since getting knocked off those platforms is annoying.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

I've once had +2 seconds of invincibility on my overall and it saved my ass a good number of times at Czak. It's pretty awesome imo.

7. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

How much do u tank with the legs? And just spam Paralyze? No Eruption or other DoT's? And Yeah when I doing fighting the Right side I notice that if I didnt mist on that small platform close to the boss the eruption doesnt actually hit the Arm. But yeah those are some great pointers. May not do the body tank unless I get +1 I-frame though.

8. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

I think it's 6k touch from legs and 18k touch from tail? I wouldn't recommend it, it's just what I do because it's a little faster.
    Another tip is to set up Mist on top of the legs in the center, even when they're dead. There's a hitbox there that triggers the DoT onto all of the body parts and it's much easier to do that then to set up Mist all over the entire map.
    The Statues in Pink Bean are the same way. Setting Mist up right underneath where Pink Bean sits (the little gold orb in the center) will trigger DoT onto all of the Statues at once. Also, the dormant ones turn green, so that's always funny to watch.

9. Default Re: F/p Arch mage and bossing

Really? I though that only worked for zakum. Too bad you can hit them with eruption that way. It would make my life easier.