Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books to get

1. Default Re: Books to get

It's been a while since I read any of these, but I remember them being pretty good.

The First Law Trilogy and Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie ( Very dark fantasy, similar to George R.R. Martin's series)
    God Stalker Chronicles by P.C. Hodgell (Classic epic fantasy)
    Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (High fantasy, unique magic system)

2. Default Re: Books to get

Brandon Sanderson is the guy finishing off Wheel of Time now that Robert Jordan has died...I really like his writing style, I may check that out.

3. Default Re: Books to get

50 Shades of Grey.

No but seriously, 1984 is amazing read.

4. Default Re: Books to get

You should be punched in the face for even the mere whisper of that "book". /sarcasm

All of Neil Gaiman's stuff is great.
    Stephen King's newest novel 11/22/63 Is pretty damn good. It's more thriller than horror. Personally I thought it was pineappleing great.
    Song of Ice and Fire - There are 5 books out of 7 that are planned, and it's a long read but totally worth it.
    Throne of the Crescent Moon- A fantasy/adventure novel. I'm currently reading it, so far I like it.

5. | (◕ ‿◕)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) Straight Male
    IGN: You
    Server: get
    Level: me
    Job: so confused.
    Guild: Follow the
    Alliance: Pretty Lights!
    argentina

Default Re: Books to get

Oh I second this so f'ucking much.

6. Default Re: Books to get

Alex Rider books are pretty cheesey and meant for kids, but they are the only books I've read in the past 5 years that have actually held my interest, so they must be good.

...or maybe my mind is that of a 10 year old.

...Hmm.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Books to get

If you like Alex Rider, you may like the CHERUB series.

8. Default Re: Books to get

All Quiet on the Western Front was a good read.

9. Default Re: Books to get

Didn't read any of the other comments but (mostly) anything Stephen King is amazing.
    I have yet to read one I did not like.

10. Default Re: Books to get

Wool - Hugh Howey - I dare say this series will go down as one of my favorites......ever.

I thought it was pineappleing amazing. Find the Omnibus edition. It's compiled all 5 into one book.

11. Default Re: Books to get

hhmm The Last Song, The Lucky one & Me and Orson Welles are pretty good if you disregard their sub-par movies..

A Thousand Splendid Suns, Kite Runner, The child called "it", The lost boy & A Man named Dave on the other hand are really good books and you definitely MUST read them... just prepare a box of tissues.

Ive also read a few girly books(NOT twilight) and i thought they were pretty okay story wise. But i cant remember their names sadly. And lastly, Fifty shades of grey.