Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Potential System is getting revamped ?

Well I heard Rumors on KMS that Nexon consider to change the Potential System???

Some Dude leaked some infos and a Gamemaster of Korea Maplestory said this:

너희�"�도 며칠 기다릴 수 있을까? - ''You guys couldn't wait a few days? - . -''.

HURAY? I cant believe this Nexon is doing a much better job in 2012! I hope noone will hit dmg cap after this

2. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Interesting... If they change it to the point where potential doesn't make as huge of a difference... I wonder how many people would quit.

3. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

and i saw stuff that makes it to fit job advs so 70 to 60 and 120 to 100 i thought only that

4. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Do you have a source or something...?

Someone posted this on Basil (can't tell who posted it first... June 30 is very descriptive) but if that's where you got it from, I really, really doubt its true.

5. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Revamped is way more possible than removal.

Also I'm fairly certain that Phaus guy is a troll, I've encountered him many times before.

6. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

So posting some text in Korean = automatically a good piece of evidence? Alright.

7. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Could Nexon be sued for removing potential? I'm guessing not because of their bogus ToS.

8. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

I doubt its something drastic, b/c if it did, people would rage.
    If anything maybe a buff like
    1% being 2%
    and 4% being 8% etc

9. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Its their game they can do w/e they see to balance it, the potential system is good in low amounts but 3 lines and 40% boss on weps really ruins it

10. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Wouldn't they have to change it by default to fall in line with the new job abvance levels? If that's all then hardly a revamp.

11. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

If the potential was nerfed so that instead 3%/6%/9%/12% you could get 1%/2%/3%/4%, wouldn't it be the same?

An item would go from, say, 15% to 5% of one's main stat but it would still be as rare and valuable in the market as it was before, since all items would be dragged down into this new scale, unlike what happens when a new tier is released (cough legendary cough). The owners of these items would still hold their "rank" damage wise when compared to others, while the only thing that's being changed would be the gap between each other.

The only thing I can see possibly being hurt with something like this would be the egos of those that paid that much to feel "superior" to others.

12. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

The only way to change potential is to change the dmg formula...

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Probably the first time i've ever agreed on something you've posted.

14. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

In my opinion I feel that potential should be available outside the cash shop. Perhaps a line of tedious quests to obtain certain skills and stats on your equipment and keeping cubes as the "easy way out".

For example;
    Very few damage hoes will be prepared to attempt this due to the ease of cubes. But it gives low - mid wealth players a chance to improve their gear. It also encourages partying for bosses. Without boss damage players don't often solo zakum twice a day for a month but a party would improve the social aspect of which most of us miss greatly..

15. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

If the potential system gets revamped then all bosses, starting with normal PB (Dunno when CZAK / CHT were released), will have to get revamped as well since they're way too dependent on the system.

16. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

Best idea ever, man. Seriously, A+.
    People who pay thousands on the game definetely need twice the advantage they already have!

17. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Would be happy if some Non-NX alternative to cubing and the like where to appear. Level up the play field... Sort off, people with money will still get farther than people without it.

18. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

user: hamad138 needs to start posting actual proof of things some day, not things he hears from a friend of a friend.

19. Default Re: Potential System is getting revamped ?

pb/czak wouldn't need to be buffed pb wasn't killed pre-bb because dc hackers and the timelimit/dmg cap made it impossible, pb could be killed with just socket/duped gear in GMS.