Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

I hope it doesn't. For Valve it might be a good move though, but i hope it doesn't end up on steam.

2. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Will be awesome for me. Nexon doesn't accept Paypal from me because I live in Singapore, but Steam does.

3. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

As a person who uses Steam as there main platform I will love this.
    I always wanted MapleStory on Steam so I don't need to download/wait for patches.
    Autodownload them and when I am ready to play I can play.

4. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Mostly this. I don't see the content update method changing for a release on Steam.

5. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

You should read more posts probably, this has been said a couple times;

If maple story was put on Steam it would not be patched by steam, autodownload patches, or anything of the sort. Steam would not handle patching.

6. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

bummer...

Well it will still be cool if it was on Steam though.
    I have only 3 non Steam games: MapleStory, Minecraft, and Diablo 3.
    I really want MapleStory and Minecraft be on Steam.

Since I already know Minecraft will never/or has a low chance to be on Steam I am only left with MapleStory.

7. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

MMO content/patches on steam aren't handled by Steam since they have their own patcher and such.

8. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Since people are still asking, DFO does patch normally but in a Steam window. I would assume that you'd see the same Maple patcher, but with Steam's black/gray striped window border.

Anyway, I'd love Steam to have MapleStory. I don't see what harm it could do. There are tons of crappy games on Steam already. Heck, MapleStory isn't even that crappy anymore thanks to new-and-improved Nexon.

9. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Since it is on topic

Spoke to soon!
    I was looking in "New releases" and I saw this.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/212180/
    Combat Arms is now in Steam.

I think this is awesome I can finally upload my SS and not use imageshack or other 3rd party website to upload pics.

I can't wait for MapleStory to be on Steam if they follow.

10. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

meanwhile, nearly two weeks ago

11. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Just patched my files for the Mutiny patch and noticed "nxsteam.exe". Guess this is happening guys!

12. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Show me a screenshot. I don't believe you! :P

13. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Filename - nxsteam.exe (3,947,008 bytes)
    Description - Nexon Steam Game Launcher

14. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Spoiler

15. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

I don't see any problems with putting MS on Steam, aside from advertising the fact that I play too much maplestory to all my friends. As far as content management/delivery+DRM goes, Steam is great.

16. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

I believe you! ^_^

I agree, but sadly none of that will be used on MS. Nexon will still use their own delivery method through NX Patcher (Or self patching methods)

17. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

If they integrated properly with Steam, they could allow you to link an account with your Steam ID, so you wouldn't have to enter PW/PIC every time you changed characters. Ahhh... wishful thinking, I'm sure.

18. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

Then people would start getting their SteamIDs keylogged, and that's a whole new bag of snakes.

19. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

it already works that way for vindictus

20. Default Re: MapleStory on Steam?

The only serious issue I can foresee is that the Steam Overlay wouldn't like MapleStory. MS has enough compatibility errors that it might bug out. Yes, I know that if you add it as a Non-Steam Game it seems to work fine...but this is Nexon we're talking about, and MS is not exactly stable.

Edit: You got your wish. GMS just showed up on Steam earlier today. Time to see how many problems it generates and how many bypasses can be created off of it.
    Last edited by Polantaris; 2012-08-09 at 08:56 PM.