1. Default Game Simply Won't Start

I've had this issue since yesterday's patch. I haven't been able to start the game at all.

Basically the screen goes black and the game looks like its loading. It stays like this for about 5 mins and then it crashes, giving me the 'You have been disconnected from login server' error. This happens whether I log in from the site or through GameLauncher.

I didn't have this problem before the patch. I tried reinstalling MS to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. Default Re: Game Simply Won't Start

I had this on kms, and it stopped by itself after 1-2 days. Don't know wheter it will do the same thing for you or not.

3. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

Default Re: Game Simply Won't Start

Try running the setup.exe file inside your MapleStory folder, that always seems to help me. If that doesn't help, then I don't know.

4. Default Re: Game Simply Won't Start

It seems to have resolved itself, like Raph589 said. It still takes me a few attempts to actually get the game started though.

5. Default Re: Game Simply Won't Start

Is your system something oldish? I've had this problem for awhile on my older mule computer. Note: This computer also suffers from instances where MS will eventually takes too much memory and blue screens, that old and weak.

6. Default Re: Game Simply Won't Start

Yeah, I play on a relatively old laptop (about 4 years, so it's pretty ancient given today's standards). I can play MS fine aside from town lag and this issue of having to start the game multiple times before it finally loads.

I'll probably be getting a new laptop so I'll just put up with it until then.