1. Default Getting a Job for the First Time

Pretty soon, I'm gonna call an interviewer from a local store for more job related things. I must let you know, I'm not the best socializer and this is my first job to gain.

Any ideas or discussion that can be helpful?

2. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

How old are you/what position/where at?

3. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

Just be yourself. Make eye-contact, smile, be friendly. and for pineapples sakes, do not lie about anything. That is the absolute worst thing you can do to get a job, because later it will catch up to you and you'll be in the same position as before, except now you have a bad reputation. I've seen people do this and it pineapples everything up for them.

Oh and dress nicely. Dress pants/polo/button up shirt atleast. Ive seen people go in to interviews with jeans and a t-shirt. Only way that's acceptable is if it's manual labor.

4. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

18. I'm gonna work as a Ultility Clerk, basically cleaning floors and sorting boxes, that sort of thing. The store is Kroger.

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

I've gotten two non-manual labor jobs in jeans and a (neutral) t-shirt. One was sales with everyone dressed up, the other was food delivery (non-chain place).

Obviously the less you care about actually finding a job, the less the rejection from places you apply for will bother you. You just have to be consistently looking.

6. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

Yeah, I'm not saying it cant happen, But atleast putting on something nice shows that you give enough of a pomegranate to look nice.

7. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

That's pretty much how I dressed when I went. At least now, I am more presentable looking.

8. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

Basically working is all about small talk and being in a good mood and always, ALWAYS do what someone asks you to without giving them any sort of sass or grumpiness. When you're at work you're working, so put effort into what you're doing and never complain or whine.

9. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

For that type of job just wear a polo and jeans. I doubt they'll ask you anymore questions outside of "Do you do drugs or been arrested".

10. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

Woah I woudn't dare show up to an interview in anything less than button up shirt, suit trousers and black shoes. If it's really formal I'd wear a suit jacket.

I don't understand people showing up in less. It shows laziness, lack of effort and arrogance in the sense of "I can wear what I want".

Maybe England is just different.

11. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

..Because overdressing for a job is just as bad as underdressing for one. He's applying for a manual labor job lol

12. Hot minute Gay Male

IGN: Farewell
    Server: Reboot
    Level: ???
    Job: Meth Addict
    Guild: None
    Alliance: None

Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

As the saying goes, dress for the job you want, not for the job you have. Or in this case, hope to have.

13. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

But over here it still shows commitment to dress codes and shows an effort.

14. Default Re: Getting a Job for the First Time

Read the job description, just like you would before you interview, if you come in with that attire, they are going to ask "Hey do you know what you're applying for", not a good start if you ask me. Especially for jobs with high turn around rates. If you're applying for..I don't know, some clothes store, yes appearance matters because you'll be dealing with people face to face.