Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

This is what we do, we take a wild hunter. Take off the panther, put a stallion, preferbly italian, then give the guy a Spear/Polearm/sword/axe. THEN RUN AROUND AND SLASH/STAB SH`IT

2. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

How about if they made it an attacking mount that's not required? I mean even less so than Wild Hunters. Every skill could be used off of the horse and the horse only gives mobility?

Still, that horse idea just meshes oddly with Maple.

3. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

I'm actually saying something more like phantom than a multi-weapon class, like a hybrid of Wild Hunter and a Hero? but being the main weapon a 2-handed sword. That would give a realistic mobility to the class (not something like Slip stream, the flash jump warrior skill) and a unique feature. Being the majority of his AoE skills ranged based while ridding the horse and his 1v1 on Sword fighting.

That could work too, being the horse for mobility purpose only.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I wonder what the default face will be

5. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

How stupid would that be!?

6. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

woosh

Bamboo comes up for the shockwave ripoff skill. BOOK IT

7. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Pre-revamped 'sairs?

OHIKNOW. GMS/CMS/TMS copied post revamp pirated before they could get them, JMS has the revamps, so this class is of pirates before it!

8. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Japan isn't going to reskin. They've proven over and over they got the skills to develop their own content without depending on Nexon....

...well, I am not actually sure about this. Does the Wizet team in Korea develop JMS' "exclusive" content based off their concepts as they do with every other server? Considering the amounts of original content that has come from JMS along with their quality, and the size of the game industry in japan I would say NexonJ has enough resources to do their own content.

Were that true, again, I doubt they would even need to reskin content. They sure are capable of developing something of their own, moreso something culture based.

Edit: If they were just to tweak the way Mikhail's lazer works, it would be an awesome class...

9. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Like I said before, if there is going to be a Samurai class, there is no possible way it will be a Pirate. But hey, let's just entertain that idea. If Nexon Korea is the one developing the content and they decide to make a "Samurai" class out of the Jett/Dragon Warrior Pirate theme, there will be riots. Massive riots. I think the majority of the player base in Japan would up and quit right on the spot. It's just a ridiculous idea and mocks Japanese history.

10. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Yeah, well, Jett mocks space pirate history.

11. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Was a joke, I'm totally looking forward to the Samurai.
    Would prefer a warrior, pirates wouldn't make sense, lol. Mostly interested in this Castle. L>updates as they come.

12. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

I see. xd

Well, hopefully I can get more information as the days progress. JMS and its website are under a system maintenance at the moment, so maybe they might reveal some more information after it's finished (I'm doubtful, though). The Japanese players seem convinced it's not a new class, though, going by Silverbullet's comments. I'm not exactly sure what they're thinking about, though. No one seems to be putting their ideas clearly and a lot of them still think this is just a Dual Blade revamp. I don't know why... Nexon Japan notes Dual Blades as "Ninja Masters," so how could that have anything to do with a Samurai attacking Osaka Castle?

13. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Aren't samurais supposed to be the ennemies of ninja?

14. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

In a sense, I guess. Ninjas were extremely skilled hired assassins used to assassinate feudal lords - the people Samurais served.

15. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Is the Dual Blade storyline in JMS set in Kaede Castle or Osaka Castle?

16. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Kaede Castle.

17. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

inb4 this happens:

18. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

More-so than you might think. I'm pretty sure the reason Wild Hunters use crossbows is because the sprites aren't animated in a way that supports mount riding. The Wild Hunter actually uses the standing attack animations whenever it attacks, the jaguar is just layered so that it covers the bottom half of the body; however, this also means that a weapon that swings or is as tall as the character get partially covered up and just look really awkward. Also, the sprites animate from wherever the character happens to be at the time of casting, so they can be unusually high or unusually low depending on where in the running animation the skill happened to be used.

19. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

From my point of view, I think this class is going to be a Two handed Sword wielding class.

20. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

How about a Bo Staff wielding class?