Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Yes, Chain Lightning does more damage than Blaze, however Flame Wheel can hit 6-8 arms at once. Also, Chain Lightning bugs out on me all the time against Zakum, and half the time doesn't even jump to other arms. I don't know if he remembers it, but ShiKage was with me when I complained about it the first time I bossed with my I/L. Sometimes Chain Lightning wouldn't even hit another arm, other times it jumped across the map to hit one extra arm, and other times it jumped down the line and hit all arms on the same side. If there's some special way to get Chain Lightning working correctly, I would love to know it. Until then, it's far too unreliable to be effective against Zakum's Arms.

2. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Here's another Kanna image released by a different interview :

I'm looking through it now to see if there's any new information not present in the Online Gamer interview. ._.

Edit : Apparently, there are a few of them. I need to rehost them, though. Give me a minute

Edit #2 : pineapple. I can't catch a break. This interview does reveal good information. D:

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Give me Kanna over any other job. Seriously, screw Kaiser, screw Mikhail and screw Luminous. I want Kanna.

4. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Summary of the interview :

• There are different development teams dedicated to each version of MapleStory, it seems.
    • The new Japan-original area will consist of one town map and several field maps dedicated to low level mobs. (Perhaps these are what you will start off killing as a Hayato or Kanna)
    • The “Great Battle of Sengoku” system’s level range is dynamic, like party quests, so the status of monsters will reflect your own character’s level. Unlike party quests, however, it will be an instanced dungeon system, so each party will have their own map.
    • The target level range for “The Great Battle of Sengoku” system is levels 40 ~ 200.
    • Mori Ranmaru will appear as a boss in the “Ranmaru Expedition.” Oda Nobunaga is the main villain of the Sengoku content, but Ranmaru is Nobunaga’s comrade boss, whom you have to take down. The Ranmaru Expedition will be implemented in the third update.
    • Akechi Mitsuhide and Mori Ranmaru are the rival characters of Hayato and Kanna. Mori Ranmaru wasn’t a villain in real world history, but he is in the MapleStory Sengoku Era content.
    • Akechi Mitsuhide and Oda Nobunaga will not be appearing this summer as bosses. However, they are considering having Akechi Mitsuhide and some of Oda Nobunaga’s underlings appear later on. I guess this means Sengoku will not end in 3 updates.
    • They do not have a clear schedule when Akechi Mitsuhide, Oda Nobunaga, or any of the other military commanders will appear in the game, but they want to release the Hayato and Kanna class and get opinions before they proceed any further.
    • Hayato and Kanna will also have character cards to be put in a deck. There’s no mention as to what their card effects will be.
    • There will be promotional events to persuade players to level up their Hayato and Kanna.
    • The reason they wanted to create original classes for JapanMS was because they gave Japan an original Dual Blade and Evan story line, but the classes themselves weren’t Japan-original.

5. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Great. Now if only NexonKR would add instances to the game...

6. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Looking forward to checking this stuff out come tomorrow after work. Patch started 15 minutes ago for the first update.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Is Kanna's fan a new kind of weapon like Hayato's katana? and can she use wands/staves like other mages?

8. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

I dont think the interviews mentioned one way or another. Shikage would be able to answer definitely though.

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I AM GOING TO KILL THOSE WHO MADE STUFF FOR gMS.

10. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Different teams are usually how things work for games that have many different versions.

It's been known that gMS had a separate team for years now for example.

11. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

So kanna's the one with hurricane+afa?

12. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

From what I've seen with the screen shots, she uses a new weapon - a fan. I have no idea if she can use wands/staves.

o.o *shrugs*

13. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

in the whole interview, Mr Hanbyul Oh is like a decoration
    and just make a closing for nothing
    Jesus...... Nobody bother to care his existence xD
    and betch please, Luminous and Kaiser , you two could not catch my attentions
    but Kanna this baby is going to catch my attentions soooooooo harddd
    (Big hardcore fan of Exorcism "Ao No Exorcist" and Foxes "Inu x Boku SS" )

and sadly i can't play it..

i knew Japan Developer team shall never disappoint me
    at least a very original content and is a big one

unlike

uh...
    Dragon War.. what? and that Jetty cowboy?

14. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

My mouth dropped. Level 150 weapons? Damn you Nexon Japan.

15. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

I bet KMS is gonna take this type of thing later. Even the set bonus is upgraded.

16. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

I want the magician class from JMS :( I like fans D:

17. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

JapanMS' login screen was reverted to KMS style.

Screen shot courtesy of @Zelkova

18. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Damm, 150 weapons, and before KMS.

What does the set bonus give anyways? Can't really read Japanese...

Only ones I can tell are:

EDIT: Nvm, pretty much figured it out lol.

<2set>
    10 All Stats
    500 Physical Defense
    500 Magic Defense
    <3 Set>
    250 Accuracy
    250 Avoid
    <4 Set>
    20 Movement Speed
    10 Jump
    <5 Set>
    20% HP
    20% MP
    -2 seconds (something.. not sure, I would guess -2 sec status ailments)
    <6 Set>
    20 Attack
    8% Critical Rate
    <7 Set>
    30 All Stats
    6% Total Damage
    <8 Set>
    40 Attack
    30% Boss Damage

19. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

Damn you. Was just about to post. You got it all right, and yes it is -2 sec Status Effect Duration.

I can't pronounce most of the words, but I can pretty much translate them. Haha.

20. Default Re: Samurai awesomeness confirmed for JMS summer update? Osaka Castle!?

They seem to be completely untradeable (Not even Untradeable after equip), since it seems like the screenshotter is looking at it through a menu. This is actually good, that means they are probably rewards of the new Reputation system. That means there's even something to work for...wait what's going on here? Useful quests? What?