Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Character Card System

Mmm, too bad i will lose the extra stats set bonus, but im too lazy to have the 3 adventurer warriors (Not to mention having all Resistance or All Hero set to be a waste)

2. Default Re: Character Card System

Still not sure what "level to physical+magical damage" means. Is it just % Total Damage?

3. Default Re: Character Card System

Your level multiplied by the card's effect, added to your damage range. The Paladin card only affects physical damage ranges, the I/L Archmage card only affects magical damage ranges, the Buccaneer card affects both.

Ex. Level 120 Bucc (Mutliplier is 4)
    Level 200 character, range is 100000.
    200 * 4 = 800, range becomes 100800.

Ex. Level 200 IL (Multiplier is 2)
    Level 180 Mage, range is 50000.
    180 * 2 = 360, range becomes 50360.

Ex. Level 200 IL (Multiplier is 2)
    Level 180 Warrior, range is 50000.
    Range is unchanged, IL only affects damage range for magicians.

4. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    venezuela

So that means with a lvl 200 char with a SS Paladin you get 400 to your range?

And if you have a SS Viper that would mean 1000? And with a thunder Breaker 600?

5. Default Re: Character Card System

I see. That's rather... disappointing.

6. Default Re: Character Card System

Ya, I'm aware. I was doing projections based on leveling multiple characters for the sake of min/maxing. Getting to 120 isn't hard nowadays anyhow.

7. Default Re: Character Card System

@LiquidSwing

The deck's rank isn't determined by the majority the of cards' ranks.
    For hero's growth/activity ones, all your characters must be Rank S for the S set effect.
    (Cygnuses only count as A after "4th")

I think you've mistaken it for the bonuses for classes (ie, the three warrior bonuses/three adventurer bonuses etc.)
    For those, the set effect rank is determined by the average level of the three characters in that specific deck.
    Last edited by Yooniecorns; 2012-06-26 at 12:03 AM.

8. Default Re: Character Card System

I would guess that total damage% affects it, but yeah it's not all that great (esp. the part where Buccs get the same bonus at level 30 as Paladins + I/Ls do at 200)

9. Default Re: Character Card System

It may seem disappointing for that lvl 200 character, but it's quite a boost for any NEW character you make.

10. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    venezuela

Not really that much, because the boost depends on the character you are playing with, so a lvl 1 character will only have a 2 damage range boost.

11. Default Re: Character Card System

Ah, yeah, I wasn't thinking straight. I was tying it in with the same level as the other fixed bonuses. New characters under this system can start with a huge boost to HP/MP and stats.

12. Default Re: Character Card System

can i ask you can get 6 cards bonus total(3+3) or only 1 of them?

13. Default Re: Character Card System

You have 2 sets of cards (3+3) and your characters get the benefits from both sets.

14. Default Re: Character Card System

Did anyone check kmst to see what luminous is giving? I know this isnt related to gms yet but Im curious since mikhail's card was just a copy of hero's card, I hope luminous isnt just a copy of i/l or f/p

15. Default Re: Character Card System

oh God.. its nice

2 more questions:

-can we get b, a and s rank bonuses with 3 s rank chars or only s rank bonus?

-can same bonuses from different sets stack?

16. Default Re: Character Card System

Answers in bold.

17. Default Re: Character Card System

I thought in an earlier thread people were saying that the Bucc bonus used a different variable name and was assumed to work differently from the Paladin and Mage bonuses. Eg bonus added directly to damage numbers, not range or something like that.
    I suppose anyone with a Bucc will know in a day or two anyway.

18. Default Re: Character Card System

Luminous doesn't have a character card effect yet. Adding its card to the deck nets no bonuses.

All three are lv2(something)X, Paly is lv2pdX (Physical Damage), IL is lv2mdX (Magical Damage), Bucc is lv2damX (Damage). I've tested it myself, so I'm positive this is how it works.

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Yeah, you'd think that they would have made Paladins and Ice/Lightning Mages give better boosts to one, with Buccaneers giving a boost to both types of damage at half the effectiveness. Of course, that would entail Nexon using logic.