1. Default Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

By hits per minute I mean lines of damage. Like Dark Impale has more hits per minute than Blast does because blast hits 3 times while impale hits 5.

Im speaking strictly 1v1 situations.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

3. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

I was just going to say Aran...for reasons... Would I be wrong?

4. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

Thats a butt load of text, and I have no idea what im looking at. I just need this explained to me like I was a 6 year old.

5. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

Right now I think it's aran but in the future I think it's a Paladin with a 1 handed sword + Booster/SI.

6. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

Also second part to the question; Which matters more when determining hits per minute, the amount of lines of damage, or speed of delivery? (IE; aran deals fewer lines but faster, where as Dark Knight deals more lines of damage but slower)

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

First post has tables, for each class, and each speed of weapon, of damage % by number of enemies and their PDR.
    The rightmost column shows hits/second.
    You wanted 1v1, so the first row in each table is what matters.
    As of the current version in KMS, Heros get the most hits per second, with 9.31 (using a faster(2) weapon, which is reasonable to assume given a fast(5) sword with Booster and (decent) SI). Pallies are a close second though, with 9.19.

Aran, oddly enough, only hit 6.25 times per second, and that's assuming a faster(2) weapon as well, although polearms are not normally that fast.

8. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

Thank you for the explanation, I'll look them over with that knowledge in mind. As far as the bolded part, do you believe arans have so few hits per minute because they're tied to overly long animations?

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Quick and dirty Hits per Second for 1v1:
    Hero > Paladin > Mikhail > Dark Knight > Demon Slayer > Aran

This is assuming every class has "Fastest(2)" weapon speed.

10. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

So 6hit Blast + FA isn't enough to beat Raging Blow + AFA?

-

@SaptaZapta; Arans will always hit the speed cap as long as they have a Normal Speed polearm (their passives gives them -2 and booster another -2).

@Dark Link; Arans have 7.96 hits/second because of Rolling Spin.

-

And does the chart include the first swing of OSFB? It has that weak first swing that'll never hit cap non-crit... so that number of hits/second isn't really useful for that since that first swing just blows unless you have 100% critical.

11. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

[deleted]
    Last edited by Sephie; 2012-06-25 at 03:58 PM. Reason: double post

12. Orbital Bee Cannon

Any questions about the chart should probably be asked in that thread, so @JoeTang; can explain in further detail how he calculated things (although he does describe which skills are used when). As for weak hits - FA also hits lower than Raging Blow, but they are counted the same. Can't really start picking between when your damage is enough to hit cap all the time, and when it's only enough to hit cap using your main skill.

13. Default Re: Which warrior class has the most Hits per Minute?

His comparisons were made using JT's charts, which include buff times, so it depends on what buffs you're willing to sacrifice. Are you powerful enough to exclude your two charges, for example?

Otherwise Blast + FA > RB + AFA.