1. Default How to start the Control Panel or System Recovery point from the "Execute"?

My computer at work recently started giving problems and I can only open programs through the task manager. This started happening after I installed a program required by my bank site, and yes I'm sure it was not a rogue site (bb.com.br if anyone is wondering).

I've asked for help to the IT guys here but they were kinda lost at it too. I just want to try and access the system restore process so I can try and go back to before yesterday afternoon.

2. Default Re: How to start the Control Panel or System Recovery point from the "Execute"?

Have you tried booting up in safe mode?

If that doesn't work, open Task Manager, click Applications, click "New Task..." (at the bottom right), paste this in "%systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe", and hit enter. It should launch System Restore.

3. Default Re: How to start the Control Panel or System Recovery point from the "Execute"?

Thanks, I managed to open it, but the system restore failed.

4. Default Re: How to start the Control Panel or System Recovery point from the "Execute"?

Viruses generally delete system restore points. If it doesn't it wasn't designed as well as it could have been.

5. Default Re: How to start the Control Panel or System Recovery point from the "Execute"?

The restore points were still marked there, it just failed to restore. It stopped giving problems after 4-5 reboots, but I'm not sure I've fixed anything. They'll probably come take away the computer Monday.
    I don't think it's a virus anyway.

6. Default Re: How to start the Control Panel or System Recovery point from the "Execute"?

Windows system restore is a PoS feature. I never recalled it working for me...ever....