IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

I feel like a question about massively duped items could be weaved into this as well. It'd be really interesting to see Nexon's take.

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Can you elaborate if possible? I won't hesitate to edit my question. Thanks.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Instead of just focusing on one side, you could tweak the question to ask about the 38 ATK VSS and such.

Something like that I guess?

4. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Was there an actual question in there somewhere?

If all you're going to do is attack them there's no way he's going to be able to "ask" that to a PR person.

5. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

I think the actual question was.

In recent months, hackers as well as players gaining second-hand benefits from hacks (cheaper stronger items bought from hackers, faster experience gain in maps hackers have visited) have progressed in leaps and bounds ahead of those who play legitimately, are receiving barely a slap on the wrist, and are even able to access more end-game content due to their illegitimately strong items.
    What is Nexon doing to make legitimacy a more attractive option for players new and old, so that they don't feel like they have to hack?

6. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Alright since only one question per post is the best, i took my best one from my previous post and put it in it's own. Rest i still keep in the previous.

Question:

Why in the first place you changed the game to be damage related when it used to be about people and friends joining in parties to beat the odds against strong monsters?

Ormykka, Broa

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

@MrTouchnGo I'll be sure to include a reference to that somewhere..

@Eos@Stereo I guess I'll have to "tone it down". Since they're even scared of answering hard-hitting-yet-non-offensive questions. So here's an alternate "PR-friendlier" version (thanks Stereo):

In recent years, hackers as well as players gaining second-hand benefits from glitches and hacks (cheaper stronger items bought from hackers, faster experience gain in maps hackers have visited, glitched decent/useful skills) have progressed in leaps and bounds ahead of those who play legitimately, are receiving barely a slap on the wrist, and are even able to access more end-game content due to their illegitimately strong items (such as those 20+/30+ attack masks/shoes/earrings/goggles still currently in the game). What is Nexon doing to make legitimacy a more attractive option for players new and old, so that they don't feel like they have to hack or cheat?

-iweenana of Demethos
    -Stereo of SP
    -MrTouchnGo of SP

Does this suffice? Since this question is now a team-effort, I think it should definitely be chosen!

8. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Do you plan to bring back GM Scrolls being tradable or do you just want to make it perfectly clear that new players will never, ever be able to reach maximum potential?

Vhanadu of Yellonde

9. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

I think a better way to put it is
    "The hacker's influence of the game has created a standard that is unrealistic for anyone to accomplish without the aid of them. Is there any specific actions you are planning to take besides shutting down MTS to deal with items forged/created specifically by illegit means, such as 30+ attack violet snow shoes?"

Vote if you want questions about GM activity/Miracle cube revamp@@

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Apparently, making the question too loaded/verbose would hurt Nexon's brain. But I like your first sentence very much so I guess I'll add that in somewhere (trade votes with me or I kill you ):

In recent years, hackers as well as players gaining second-hand benefits from glitches and hacks (cheaper stronger items bought from hackers, faster experience gain in maps hackers have visited, glitched decent/useful skills) have progressed in leaps and bounds ahead of those who play legitimately, are receiving barely a slap on the wrist, and are even able to access more end-game content due to their illegitimately strong items (such as those 20+/30+ attack masks/shoes/earrings/goggles still currently in the game). The hacker's influence on the game has created a standard that is unrealistic for anyone to accomplish without the aid of them. What is Nexon doing to make legitimacy a more attractive option for players new and old, so that they don't feel like they have to hack or cheat, and what is Nexon's true stance on items purchased from players who created them by illegitimate means?

-Iweenana of Demethos and friends

@KhainiWest edited above.

11. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Most people DONT hack or cheat, they purchase the fruits of people who DO. So the question you should really be asking is what their true stance is on items purchased from players who created them by illegitimate means. Yes there should be self-dicipline for players to not purchase them, but currently there is no draw back, disregarding a few item wipes. The problem is, majority of the time they are swept through the market, people buy them because they feel they HAVE to in order to be at an acceptable standard for bossing with others.

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

I've made a reference to it, but honestly I think I know exactly what their answer to this will be: "hacking are bad, don't do it, don't buy those items, we do weekly wipes of said items blahblahblah"

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Do you think you will ever have phone or online-chat customer support?

SaptaZapta from Kradia

14. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Good, I don't like the Bucc revamp :Y

Stupid looking energy mode... stupid looking male-only spirit-summoning skills... boring spammy laser you don't even fire from your own hands...

Sure, more damage, but what's that when you're no longer FABULOUS?

15. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Thank you, Sharpay.

16. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

1: Are you planning on any further updates to new leaf city? (Optionally, mention that people think it mostly took away from the game, but I'm not sure if they'll just not comment because they think it's "rude." I've known them before to ignore what they don't want to hear...)

2:Continuing from the above, could we be seeing a return of the iTCG and Crimsonwood exchange quest, or at least the items involved? There were many unique, and a few distinctly useful items to be gained, for example the Neva, Stormcaster gloves, Balanced Furies and Facestompers. (in case they don't know, link them to this page)

3: Will a cash trade function be released? nx Cash for mesos, Cash for items, making Cash items tradeable... any of the above?

4: Will set effects be incorporated on other items? By set effect, I mean like the one on the lv 120 "Von Leon" or 140 "Dragon Tail" equipment. There are multiple items for the same level and class with the name "Timeless" and "Abyss", levels 120 and 125 respectively, and each have a weapon, shoes, overall, gloves and hat making a five-item set.

The same can be applied to the level 70 "Bosshunter items" which were long forgotten because they aren't very useful. set effects could give hard-to-obtain items something to make them worth getting.

-EvanTheHero1 from Demethos.

17. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

The deadline to submit a question is tomorrow at 3 PM EST (12 PM PST).

So submit your questions and vote for your favorites by then! I'll be going through them tomorrow afternoon and hopefully sending the complete Q&A interview to the Maple Team by tomorrow afternoon.

Check back next week to see if your question was answered on Maple-News.com.

Here goes nothing!

18. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

That raises a good point. With a 10-question limit, they may want to choose questions that seem to stand a chance at getting a useful or interesting answer and not ones likely to get some standard knee-jerk reply like 'can't comment on that', or 'we'll look into that' or else an answer you would have assumed anyway.

19. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

The problem isn't just the players, it's the sites that producing/selling the hacks. If you want to get rid of hacks more effectively, you need to attack the root of it all.. better question is:

How is Nexon taking actions against sites providing these hacks? The longer you wait... the more hacks will be pump into our maple community.

something along those lines..

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Valid point I think, but those sites aren't the definitive/standalone root of the problem, it's also the client-sided vulnerability of the game's design and the utter pomegranatetiness of hackshield, not to mention the non-existent patrolling of the game by non-existent GMs. All this combined makes it a happy picnic for hackers.