Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Why do people post questions anyone with a lick of common sense knows no PR person would ever even consider addressing and waste everyone else's time by cluttering the thread?

We should start spam infracting people for treating this like a shennanigans thread.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Yeah, people care more about decisive action than what will entertain them the most down the road. We already know Nexon peruses the forums now and again so suggesting updates means nothing compared to suggesting solutions they themselves might be having trouble with.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Why do I have a feeling that those questions on the first page will get the most pineapples while others are left mostly unnoticed

4. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: NoblestGas
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 251
    Job: Noob
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Fancy

Will they ever give us a better way to change our emails from the ones that don't exist anymore and therefore don't allow us to change any of our account information?

- Ashenbrave of Zenith

5. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Many endgame equips are dependent on Nexon Cash in some way or another. Level 140 equips require platinum karma scissors to be traded. Level 163 elemental staves only come from gachapon. Etc. Are you aware of the effect this has on your game? When a player kills a boss and cannot sell the spoils without giving YOU money first, or when a player learns that he'll have to gamble with real money if he wants his endgame weapon since it isn't available anywhere else, it discourages players from partaking in your content.

In that light, here's my question: Have you ever seriously considered scrapping the scissor system? Or, at the very least, doing away with the multiple kinds of scissors? Or maybe even dropping the price to something reasonable, like 500nx instead of five thousand? And in the context of gachapon -- have you considered releasing some of those gach only items (like dragon khanjars and elemental weapons) through events, or through bosses?

edit: Also, are you ever going to address the ongoing rash of account hackings that have occurred since September of last year (2011)?

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Never meant or implied it. And no, not necessarily suggesting solutions but asking about what the actual solutions will be.

In case it wasn't obvious, Nexon has been putting things like glitches on the backburner comparing to things like future content (88.7% of which is porting from KMS). What good is future content with those glitches and the rest of the messups that keep persisting?

7. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Posts with multiple questions that have the highest votes will be left to the judgment of myself and MNN administrators. If the questions are good, then multiple questions from one post may be included.

The questions with the highest votes (pineapples) will be given the most consideration. Ultimately, it up to the Maple-News administrators and myself to decide what questions get asked but I can assure you we will try to incorporate the most voted questions.

You do not have to worry about good questions being asked that the community is interested. I think it's quite obvious to anyone here that if myself and everyone at Maple-News wanted to ask whatever we wanted to ask, we wouldn't have even the Southperry, Maple-News, and MapleStory communities the option to submit their own questions. Clearly you're not an avid reader of Maple-News.

Keep in mind that this is an interview with Maple Team and keep in mind that I am still waiting to hear back from their PR team on what I cannot ask. I do not intend to throw them softballs.

I've played MapleStory since 2004. I've run Maple-News for almost 5 years. We are not stupid. We have had years of experience doing this and I can assure all of you that as long as Nexon lets us ask the questions we want to ask, you will get your answers.

UPDATE: Nexon has informed me that we are only allowed to ask 10 questions.

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Thank you. I have no doubts you will do your best and kick ass.

side-note: Oh wow, I just wondered about Nexon's PR team. I wonder if they pay them as much as they pay their programmers. (This implies their PR team could quite possibly also be their programming team.. jk ).

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Gah. Can you tell us which questions you have decided to ask them?

10. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

They must be reading Southperry and seeing how many questions we're planning lol

11. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Do they have any plans of increasing the EXP and HP/MP gained from certain monsters? There are such narrow training spots that there is very little variety. IE: Jesters, pretty much best spot for 50-70+ There are a lot of worthless spots that people do not go anymore. (Himes, Ludi, etc.)

(Sorry I don't really know how to "word" this question)

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

We must hide before they spot us!

13. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

I want to make sure everyone has asked what they want to ask and that everyone has time to vote both here and on Maple-News.com. So please, vote for your favorite questions by going through all the posts here and on Maple-News. We don't want some great potential questions to get lost in the shuffle.

Again, don't be afraid to submit tougher/controversial questions. As long as they are respectful, they will be considered. We'll keep this going for another day or so and then start narrowing down the questions and hopefully will have the interview posted by next week.

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

How disappointing.

Frankly i don't really care WHAT is asked or who cares about it so long as they're actually answered. Nexon has a bad habit of avoiding hard hitters in the most annoying way possible.

Obviously. I never saw the point of maple-news when southperry is the fastest and most informative source of information. The only merit i'll give it is being established and "pure" enough to warrant the attention of Nexon enough for a Q&A.

I'm more surprised that you even care about that to be honest.

15. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Thank you for your honesty. Not that I should even dignify your extremely rude post with a response, but I don't see why you're giving me pomegranate for trying to actually involve the community. You may not consider Maple-News a useful website (despite the fact that we're still around 5 years later. Someone must find it useful.) but last I checked we were the only fan site who has even considered asking the tough questions. We opened this up to the Southperry community because we think this community is likeminded to our own at Maple-News. Southperry fosters open-discussions and Maple-News has always presented both sides of the story unlike sites like Sleepywood and Basil Market.

You not only insult me but Eos who has graciously supported Maple-News by your comments. At least we're trying to get something done.

Let's keep this thread on topic and get back to posting questions instead of peaching about Nexon.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I wasn't even denying this.

And i respect that. This thread is the best thing to come out of the maple-news/SP alliance yet.

Most likely because Nexon made the rules in both those instances and the other sites bent over and took it. The fact that maple-news won't is reason enough for SP/eos to open it's doors to you, and i wouldn't have it any other way.

I think you're drawing the wrong conclusions.

My opinion on your site is not a demerit to your efforts or to this thread. I'm just saying i didn't think anything of m-news until this thread and i was surprised you cared about people reading your site over delivering information in a two-sided coin kind of way.

17. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Well, I appreciate that. We are doing the best we can and I sincerely hope that this interview yields the results everyone is looking for. We honestly just run the site for fun. We don't make any money off it, we've moved to WordPress.com to eliminate any costs other than upgrades/renewals. I for one just from being a huge supporter of this game am just as hopeful and anxious as you, and I'm sure everyone else here on SP, to hear what Nexon has to say.

I'll do my best not to let you guys down.

18. Default Re: Upcoming Interview with the Maple Team

Can I give a question?
    If so:
    There will be another GMS exclusive jobs related to JETT?

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

It's really unfair that only 10 questions can be asked. I hope that each will be 'loaded' and 'detailed' enough to permit detailed and thorough answers. Nevertheless, I have faith that this will work out very well for us. Gonna try to stay positive here, for once.

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Here's one hell of a loaded and detailed question:

In recent years, hackers as well as players gaining second-hand benefits from glitches and hacks (cheaper stronger items bought from hackers, faster experience gain in maps hackers have visited, glitched decent/useful skills) have progressed in leaps and bounds ahead of those who play legitimately, are receiving barely a slap on the wrist, and are even able to access more end-game content due to their illegitimately strong items (such as those 20+/30+ attack masks/shoes/earrings/goggles still currently in the game). The hacker's influence on the game has created a standard that is unrealistic for anyone to accomplish without the aid of them. What is Nexon doing to make legitimacy a more attractive option for players new and old, so that they don't feel like they have to hack or cheat, and what is Nexon's true stance on items purchased from players who created them by illegitimate means?

-iweenana of Demethos and friends
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-06-21 at 10:17 AM.