- Anivia
    - Irelia

M5:
    - Karthus
    - Lee Sin
    - Corki
    - Vladimir
    - Nunu

For those that are not aware, M5 had a massive lead coming into mid and late game, and it very much looked like M5 was going to win this game. At one point, M5 had a lead of 10+ kills as well as 20K+ in gold. They even took Baron 3-4 times. But M5 decides to just simply camp around CLG EU's base and wait for the "perfect opportunity" to engage in the game-winning teamfight instead of just going for the mid inhib turret push and basically "opening the floodgates to victory"

M5's mistake was waiting way too long - even with the MASSIVE lead they had - and the game went to the point where one mistake on either side of the team could basically cost them the game. CLG EU's comeback started when M5 engaged in a teamfight at the bot inhib turret, but were not positioned correctly and it resulted in a 4-1 trade in favor of CLG EU. Unfortunately, they couldn't push to M5's base, but this teamfight was definitely the turning point in favor of CLG EU.

Later on, CLG EU began pushing out of their base and began to camp out in M5's jungle. Karthus (Alex Inch) got caught at their own blue and that allowed CLG to push down the bot inhib. CLG EU decided to attempt Baron sometime after that, but was thwarted. In that one final teamfight afterwards, Vladimir got caught and nuked, and everything started to go south for M5. CLG EU cleaned them up, and immediately went for the Nexus turrets and the M5's Nexus to cap off their AMAZING comeback in a 61 minute game.

tl;dr - If you didn't see it, M5's actions is one of the BIGGEST throws in a LoL tourney. Ever. #1 throw of all time by a pro team. This game is very likely to be the best comeback in the history of LoL. Also, this game proves that comebacks are definitely possible, and no one should give up until all options are exhausted.

2. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

That story totally reminds me of a few embarrassing losses that my team and I waited to long to close it out and they hyperscaled while farming the waves at their base.

3. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

Except it wasn't a throw.

It was impossible to win after a certain point.

The only part that could be seen as a throw was alex ich getting caught at blue, which was pretty surprising.

4. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

He isn't a unit of measurement...

Considering Vlad and Karthus were in play against CLG that's pretty surprising, actually. Just goes to show anything can happen when skill levels are that high.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

Gah I can't spell. Whatever. ._.

6. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

Totally agree. This game shows how useless certain champs are late-game.

I forget which tournament it was, but there's a TSM vs M5 series where that XL Winner guy replaced Gosu Pepper in game 2 and 3. Game 3 was probably one of the most exciting NA/EU games I've seen.... /* This is why you ban Shen against M5 and don't let a Shen freefarm. */

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

While the servers should be coming up (soon™), here's the full video of the match if anyone has an hour to spend. Enjoy!

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Froggen and Snoopeh OP

9. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

Looks to be a rematch of M5 and CLG.eu in the finals!

Starts in about 12 minutes.

10. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

CLG EU are pretty good at comebacks. I remember watching them stream some tourney and they were getting wrecked early game, but Wickd kept saying 'we can win just hold out till we get some items' over and over and eventually they won.

I mean the other team weren't M5 skill level but still.

11. Default Re: If anyone watched CLG EU vs M5 game just now @ Dreamhack

Any team can make a comeback if they're allowed to farm up. If a game went on for say 5 hours, everyone would be the same more or less because everyone should be level 18 + everyone should have their full item builds. What teams aim for is winning their lanes early and having a gold/item/level advantage in the team fights. If you can win the team fight, you can win the game. To get an edge in the team fight, you have to win your lane + CS well + not die.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

/* CLG.EU just too stronk! */