IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Word Realms

I'm seriously becoming excited for this game.

Currently nearing it's goal on kickstarter, this game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

It's gameplay sure seems pretty unique. From updates on the kickstarter page regarding items and skills:

I know the graphics are pretty pomegranatety, but the gameplay itself looks unique and interesting, and better yet, the game has a great sense of humour just like KoL

2. Default Re: Word Realms

Riff shuffles his tiles a lot.

IT FUNDED TODAY.
    WOOO.

I'm upping my pledge when I get paid, maybe to the T-shirt tier. You know what? Being able to play words like PENIS, BONER and such is awesome in a word game.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Word Realms

Got access to the beta! :3
    My first fight... and it looks like this bandit is coming on to me.

The way you level up is really interesting, kinda like the camera system in the original Bioshock. as you kill a certain amount of a type of enemy you reach milestones which increase one of your stats.

4. Default Re: Word Realms

I'll be streaming for a little bit later from the beta. Don't miss it!

I'll start at 9 PM PST and you can get to it from here.

5. Default Re: Word Realms

Am I the only one who likes Kingdom of Loathing but thinks this game looks awful? I'm a big fan of Asymmetric and their abundance of pop culture references and wacky humor, and I still play KoL. I really like the idea of a "Scrabble RPG," even though I don't really like word-making games that much. Battling friends with words does sound awesome. But the trailer just does not capture my interest at all. The game looks poorly drawn, and not in an ironic way like KoL sometimes is, but in a way that looks like programmers with no art skills drew it in MS Paint. The limbless characters look creepy, and the super basic rotational animations look lazy. The quips that pop up when characters attack don't even bother to classify the word you used as its proper part of speech: "Are ye BYE or summat?" "I'm going to haunt your HALT forever!" I really don't see why they needed $100K to make such a low quality game.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

They already had a functioning, basic version (the beta being played and shown in the trailers). The 100k was for a full, mmo version of the game.

7. Default Re: Word Realms

The game is in alpha right now, which means that the taunts are not all complete yet. Also, "Are ye BYE or summat?" was meant to be taken that the taunt took advantage of homophonic BYE instead of BI. (How was that hard to miss? Jick even had to explain it...).

As for the art, well, love it or hate it. Be a giant plantain to Roy (the artist) or, you know, don't and just walk away. No need to insult the makers of the game.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Also, all graphics aside, it's incredibly fun and addictive already, i can't wait to see what they add to it.

9. Default Re: Word Realms

I'm criticizing it, not making a personal attack on the peon responsible for it.

And probably because no one uses bi as an insult.

edit: It appears that the game does choose taunts based on part of speech, it was just broken in the preview.
    That makes sense. I guess I'll see if the full version is any good.