because I feel like i'm violating waltzing's trust

2. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Dammit men.
    This is southperry.net
    :(

Ah well. Sounds fun.

3. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

FREEE MONEY D:

I'd go just for free stuff LOL screw everything else.

4. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

I'm angry and happy about this at the same time. Please tell us EVERYTHING. Also pineappleing idiots wasting a mother pineappleing golden opportunity with the pineappleing book to sya make it like pre-bb maple. half of them probably had no idea what pre-bb maple was. Please tell me someone said Neo Tokyo or something

If there was no NDA then there's no trust to be broken. If they said it clean as day and EVERYONE there saw it then if you don't say it someone else will. I don't see the problem with NOT saying it.

5. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

If they did not say something in the lines of "There is no NDA, but please keep this information to yourselves", please stop with the asshattery.

6. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

So... how sexy are Maplers in swimsuits?

7. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Did the nexon employees wear swim suits too?

8. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

just one thing.....when you logged onto ur acc DID YOU TAKE UR CHAR TO WHERE HACKERS ARE AND GET THEM BANNED?! like *points* eh lookie a hacker

9. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

To be clear... you did not go to the Friday event?

10. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

I did not because my special invite from "my nexon contact" only invited me to the saturday one.

It was in a conference room type place (big) that's above the water. No swimsuits.

I wrote about CWK in the book. I wrote a long thing about potentials and how not to revolve the game/bosses around it. Also I wanted to see new bosses that revolve strategy, or at least try to implement it, not just a DPS fest. Lastly, a lot of people wrote "level 200 content"

When someone asked hime if she could ban the meso spammer in FM (They were on their character walking around), she said she couldn't really do it now, mentioned her GM account, and another employee implied the accts can really only be accessed at HQ.

Authenticators have been a hot topic and they want to get them implemented. It was in discussion a couple years ago, but Min (He said his job titles, i think he's head of marketing and product and stuff) said since maplestory isn't really a box/shelf product, they weren't really sure how to sell authenticators. They've been talking about it again (2 months ago), maybe selling them bundled with karma coin or selling them on the website. Even longer down the line, he said it could be possible to do it via an app, even lock/unlock accounts/items via the app.

When some of us talked to Min about some of the big hack things (MTS 18k+ IDs leaked, item generator, database leak 2009, etc), he didn't really dodge the question. He acknowledged them but since he really isn't charge of that area, there wasn't that much to talk about. He does understand how frustrating it is though and compensating with maplepoints via tickets (250-500k etc) and trying to fix the game is all they can really do right now. But since he isn't really a dev or in that department, wasn't much to say other than that.

Idk if it was ever said, but as some people suspected, hime is the "fairy girl that gets shot in the head" in that 1 maplestory audition video. She's a pretty cool person to hang out with. I don't read her forum posts too much, but irl she would tell people to stfu if she could. If she saw dumb people post on forums, she would probably peach about it, but she can't do that as hime.

11. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Any more details would be interesting.

12. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Dammit man I want either a essay on EVERYthing that happened/Bulleted list.
    Spoiler

13. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

I think the point is, people should encourage them to not do NDAs by not blabbing absolutely everything said. Same basic idea as buying decent games that don't have DRM. No NDA makes it so people can teaser stuff at their own discretion; telling absolutely everything not only ruins the surprise and makes them want to NDA even more, did I mention IT RUINS THE SURPRISE? If it's a good update and the people that were there know it, and they know people will enjoy it more if they don't know everything, what would possess them to tell all the details.

That said, someone from another site will very likely blab everything like a tool if they haven't already anyway, so it really doesn't matter if you tell us stuff or not, it's just a matter of time.

14. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

A lot happened. It was really cool to talk to a lot of the employees in a laid back sort of way. They're all really cool and nice people. When I remember random things I saw/talked about, I'll post it. There was quite a few people and some of them post here. They're probably sleeping though.

Edit: @ the people talking about NDA stuff, nothing about future content was visible or said. There was projector replaying like 10-15 youtube maple videos from nexon over and over e.g. jett, ascension, BaM, mercedes, mechanic, etc

15. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Or people could just read what they want at their own leisure. Only a tool would read stuff and then cry about ruining the surprise.

16. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Wow they should hold these events more often o-o.

Nexon-con? ;o

Should've asked them about glitched channels and how they feel about them lol.

17. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Any word on Revamp or Phantom would be nice. And how old is Hime anyway?

Edit: Did they ever say they read Basilmarket or Southperry?

18. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Posted on 11-18-2011

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

indeed, just tell me all that doesn't concern content, and if you know anything "content" (like that "not just jett" comment) just say if in your opinion it's worth being interested.
    glad to hear hime isn't just some happy-go-round fairy and actually would tell people to gtfo if she could.
    "for too long now" indeed"

20. Default Re: Nexon Beach Event Recap

Come on now, if it's posted, even spoilered, everyone will talk about it and people will all know regardless within a few hours. Not to mention some people would read it just so they aren't left out of discussions even if they don't necessarily want to.