Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

Default What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/06/ne...by-korean.html

Welp, This is interesting.

2. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

I saw that edit. And my retort to your "inb4 everyone quits GMS for KMS" is....

Inb4 KMS actually puts in an IP ban on non-korean IPs.

3. Neon Atom

Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

Aren't you a quick one. I edited it out due to it saying phone verification which I missed while reading. There won't be any IP ban.

4. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

The article linked from there is actually pretty interesting.

Does the US already have a similar law?

5. Neon Atom

That was already common knowledge, atleast to me and most Korean gamers. But as of right now, no I'm pretty sure the US doesn't have that law.

6. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

Why would American law makers ever bother with passing laws about botting in RPGs when a lot of them think that RPGs are just "that pokemon thing on the nintendo"?

7. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

You can't stop botting, passing a law regarding it would be one of the most retarded things they would pass.

8. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

6 million dollars is now "hefty" for a company that makes hundreds of millions of dollars every year?

9. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

~Quitting GMS for KMS

10. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

Nexon Korea doesn't store your social security number anymore with their new ''Nexon Email ID''. But there is still an amount of users with the old account type.

Why? It will practically impossible for you to signup for a Korean game id if companies cannot accept social security numbers anymore. The new law will force everyone to identify by: i-Pin, birth documents, credit card or phone. Four things foreigners cannot simply easy get compared to a social security number. But there are already companies who offer these kind of options.
    Last edited by Spadow; 2012-06-16 at 09:10 PM.

11. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

Question: Did they asked for mobile identification before?
    If they did not, how will this change make it easier for foreigns to get a kMS account?

Nevermind, ^ answered my questions.

12. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

@Spadow; According to you, isn't KMS just as bad as GMS in terms of botting/hacking?

Idk why people would want to play KMS when they have to go through all the hurdles just to have the same service but earlier content.

-

Even if there wasn't a law that forbids companies from requiring SSNs for registration or w/e, I still don't think any company is willing to take that risk. Most companies can't even keep credit card information safe <_<.

13. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

We might be seeing the end of foriegners getting into KMS?

14. Default Re: What's New In Korea: KSSNs Removed From Korean Gaming by August 17th 2014 ?

But in GMS it's out of control with dupe, item generator and what else. Many people can get access to it.
    In KMS you can find a lot of multiple botters in one channel. Nexon has tried many ways to get rid of botters but...

15. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Dupe and item generation have been fixed for a relative eternity at this point.

16. Neon Atom

I really doubt that. With every patch for said hacks, there's a new one right around the corner.

17. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Crashless dupe was patched /* and hasn't made a comeback */ , but server/channel crashes still create rollbacks. But the servers have been surprisingly stable recently, so not much duping as been going on as far as I know (which isn't much, but whatever).

18. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

Idk can you throw around 6 million dollars a day?

19. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

but can a big company throw 6 million dollars once?

not the same thing

20. Won't Be Coming Back Straight Male

Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Blade Master
    usa

It is the same thing.

6 million dollars is 6 million dollars.
    Your logic is broken.

$1 is still a $1. I would rather have the dollar than lose it.
    Wouldn't you?

You make, oh let's say $20,000 a year.
    Go get a ticket for $100, it's only a 100 out of 20,000, right?
    No.