Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Jett information thread

Except, if Jett is like Dragon Warrior, we lose the Pirate revamps, because Jett will have the new pirate skills with different animations.

I don't know what TMS was thinking with their Dragon Warrior, there's a huge, highly anticipated revamp, and instead of experiencing the revamps on the characters those skills were intended for, they're forced to just be content with their current skills, despite the fact that their revamp is long overdue, or have to make an entirely new character. You shouldn't take a highly anticipated event like that and not only not release it, but recycle it into an entirely different class. I just don't think it's a good idea to mess with people like that.

With every video they release, it seems more and more likely that Jett is just our version of Dragon Warrior, like the recent reveal of the Jett using a gun, and more and more likely that we won't be getting the pirate revamp. I don't play pirates, so yeah, good for me, I can get a link skill that'll increase the strength of all my characters a tiny bit, while people who have been patiently awaiting their class getting new skills and new strengths are screwed over.

Despite that, I hope with every fiber of my body that Jett will, somehow, break all my expectations and be an original class with original skills.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Jett information thread

We can't say for certain that the pirate/thief revamps would be cancelled completely though. Nexon America is probably well aware of how much people want the revamp, so they might keep it on the backburner until after the summer content is released, so that we don't catch up to KMS too quickly.

And since they usually just copypasta everything anyway, there's a good chance it might just be sneaked in with the Phantom update, since they probably couldn't be bothered changing the code just for this version.

I don't know if it's the same for TMS and CMS, are they getting Phantom with Dragon Warrior does anyone know?

3. Default Re: Jett information thread

kMS hyped up the Thief and Pirate revamps as completely game changing, and we've got nothing for it so far. It's pretty clear that Jett, like Dragon Warrior, is a gun wielding pirate, so, like TMS/CMS, we'll probably get the Thief revamps, but not the Pirate ones. I have no doubt we'll be getting the Thief revamps. For me, having a class that already has all the new skills that Pirates were set to get is pretty much the last nail in the coffin as far as our chances of getting the Pirate revamps, I don't see them giving Pirates the skills another character already has.

The way I see it, Nexon shouldn't be slowly revealing info about Jett, if Jett is an original creation, they should be showing us that Jett is different and not a rip off of revamped pirates to put that to rest.

4. Default Re: Jett information thread

Yeah, but I was in a playful mood is all haha

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Jett sucks.

How many times is this argument going to be used?

There is no re-coding involved for stealing pre-justice skills. Phantom is not a guarantee for the revamp.

6. Default Re: Jett information thread

I don't care about Jett at all. Not even a little bit. I don't care if it's the strongest, most awesome looking class ever, nor do I care if it's absolutely pre-big bang Fire-Poison abysmal. It's frustrating that they haven't announced anything regarding the revamp part of the Justice update though, all we've got is hints toward Phantom and Hilla. I'm still in two minds about whether or not I'll even enjoy the changes they're making but delaying (not /actually/ delaying it, just not announcing ANYTHING about it) is just frustrating.

7. Default Re: Jett information thread

Where did it ever say this was a new class though? Seems to me like it's a temporary, exclusive event, and not an actual class.

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

9. Default Re: Jett information thread

10. Default Re: Jett information thread

So basically, Phantoms can steal pre-justice skills, without any coding.

11. Default Re: Jett information thread

I'm going to pretend you didn't just say something stupid.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/News/New...ontentNo=00DpH

12. Default Re: Jett information thread

So I think the problem with Nexon's strategy here is that if Jett is anything less than omgwtpamazinglyop, there will be hell to pay from whatever's left of their players for delaying thief/pirate revamps, phantom, db revamp, etc.etc.etc. EVERYTHING is delayed, so if it's delayed for something bad, people are rightfully going to be pissed.

They already delayed everything for a two-month, worthless maple anniversary. A lot of people are already ticked off.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I never said it was a guarantee. hence the "good chance", "might" and "probably".

I didn't know that there was no re-coding needed, so thanks for that info.

14. Default Re: Jett information thread

Yes.
    Do you honestly think they patch Phantom everytime they revamp adventurers?

15. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Asserting that phantom requires re-coding to be compatible with pre-justice skills is the same thing as saying the revamp is required for phantom to exist, which is the same thing as saying phantom means the revamp is guaranteed.

So yeah you did.

16. Default Re: Jett information thread

So if the link skill ends up being the rumored dragon warrior link skill(Apparently 20% crit chance 10% min Crit.), I'd guess that this would stack with phantom's link skill, perhaps, 100% crit rate yay..?

17. Default Re: Jett information thread

The way I understand it, Phantom is technically equipping every weapon (Or just equips them temporarily as needed? Not sure.), and when you're using a stolen skill, you're using the actual skill from the existing data; not some special copy set up to work for Phantom.
    So yeah, no real issue with pre-justice skills on pirates and thieves.
    Last edited by Daakun; 2012-06-15 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I'd like +30% Crit rate, thanks.
    My DS would have 74% with Decent SE lol.

19. Water Gay Male
    IGN: Scenarey
    Server: Arcania
    Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

20. Default Re: Jett information thread

Gonna need to rehost it or something.