1. Default How I create GIF animations

Hi guys! @salioelsol12 recently asked me to do a video tutorial, since I have no idea how to do that I thought the next best thing is to do a tutorial sans video! lol! but before I start, I'm going to say I'm horrible at explaining stuff... ;_;

First off I used:
    Flash CS5.5 - to draw and construct the visuals, frame by frame
    unFREEZ - to compile all the drawings into one animated GIF

This is an animation I did a while ago

So basically I drew around/or less than 41 drawings (that's how many frames this animation took)

Here is a mega blown up version of the gif almost real size to the drawings I do in Flash (41 FRAMES) and it's very slow down.

Not so glamourous looking right? haha, shrinking it/animation definitely hides the imperfections :D

So after I draw everything and have what I need I export it as a GIF sequence (at a certain size you want) which gives you seperate frame files as GIFs, which looks like this.

I drag those files onto unFREEZ, and compile and make the finishing result!

2. Default Re: How I create GIF animations

2nd post for more visual explanation

timeline - This is where you create frames on your timeline (highlight the amount and press F6 for frame by frame, and F5 for an extended frame)
    layers - Organize your animation by separating things!(character/effects/mob/arrows/effects2 etc)
    visble - turn off certain layers to help you animate
    new layer - creates a new layer
    frame rate - the rate frames go by in a second, I believe 12 FPS is standard GIF, 24 fps is for very smooth, I think for tv shows or something!
    onion skin - IMPORTANT - you need this to animate much more efficiently it will be explained down below

ONION SKIN:

If you have any more questions feel free to ask! I'll try to, at the best of my abilities! thanks!

-miek

3. Default Re: How I create GIF animations

Best guide ive seen, thanks
    Can you tell me how do you draw your stick man? Mine is like... Mm.. Sucks. Lol

4. Default Re: How I create GIF animations

Knowing all the technical stuff is one thing, but in order to draw efficiently, you have to practice a lot!!

The more you practice the more you will get better! It's cliche and redundant but it's definitely true!

I must've done hundreds of these by now haha.

goodluck!

5. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Default Re: How I create GIF animations

Speed is also a good way to hide imperfections.

Also, have you tried exporting the flash file as a GIF? Straight from Flash?

6. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

a program i recommend is jasc animation shop, there's more advanced ones if you want .png animations (allow for transparency without a background)

picture of how the program looks (i didn't make the sprite, it's from KoF) and the onion skin is activated

and the final result:

that animation has 50 pictures in it.

7. Default Re: How I create GIF animations

I never have, and as I post this I just tried it! it's soooooooo MUCH better!!

thanks so much john! I don't know how I never saw that before! jeez! It makes the animations Identical to the flash! yay hehe, shows how much I know about flash @_@!

I'll have to check this out sometime later!

8. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

I lost my jasc :( the link I used before is defunct now.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i downloaded a trial version or something and i dunno what i did but it's fully functional, i really have no idea what i did.

good luck with torrents?