1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

That's fine, but I'd like to decide for myself when those two minutes will be.

2. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

I might opt out of it since I always read everything that shows up in the Suggestions and Announcements forums. It usually calls me back to a thread I've already read and replied.

3. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

If you decide not to participate, then you lose your voice, which also means your right to complain

That's why I find this acceptable, "WHY DID YOU DO THIS", "Why didn't you object to it?"

A lot of problems solved

4. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

Funny but that's never stopped people who can't find the time to vote before from complaining endlessly.

5. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

I value a post more than a vote, and this time they are choosing to remain ignorant about it. At least they'll look like idiot's more-so if they decide to complain.

6. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

How about an eye sprite with a pupil that follows the cursor like some sort of creeper; though, admittedly, that'd probably be more code than most people would be willing to put forth.

A monocle or a pair of [spectrum] goggles, maybe?

8. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

Nope. This is one that you should "humiliate" those who choose not to participate on. Stick them with the horrible sub-user title.

Why is this different than the chinchilla? Because ads are pineappleing obnoxious and ALWAYS THERE so choosing to view them is an actual sacrifice. Having to view a thread is not an inconvenience. It's why we're here. And if you don't really care then it's two clicks to get out of it. (One to go to the redirected thread, and one to exit it. Don't even have two read if you don't care.)

So, out them. Make the title say "I choose not to read" or something so everyone else is not stuck with these.

9. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

Stuck with what?

10. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

I guess you removed it now but if you put it back in (which I kind of think you should because anyone who can't be bothered to participate in site discussion deserves to be mocked and ridiculed (also tarred and feathered)) put the title on those who opt-out.

11. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

Don't think it's worth the effort.

12. Default Re: Opt out of being forced to read mass participation threads

Effective immediately new "force read" threads will not re-force people who manage to read them in the time between the thread going live and the force going active to read the thread again.

When the "force" is registered it will automatically credit everyone who's already read the thread manually as having read the thread, the way it should've from the beginning, instead of only counting people who've read it after the force-read was enacted.

Note I can reset at will all history to re force people to the same thread in the event of a major change, like the R&R being updated and requiring a re-read, this is just a change to the default behavior to make it less annoying and encourage more people to remain in the opt in list if the only reason for them leaving was potential redundancy.