1. Default Arguing with the pixel elder - Beard included.

I have a story for this scene, and the characters, but I don't know what I'll do with it exactly.

Post apocalyptic land where light has been destroyed and it's constantly dark, woo!

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Arguing with the pixel elder - Beard included.

Very nice.

Traditionally, such a scene involves an argument about the young person going an an important and dangerous quest to save the world, or at least his people. In this case, to restore the light, maybe?
    It can be either the foolhardy youngster wanting to go, and the elder warning him against it, or the elder assigning him to the task (based on a prophecy or dream?) and the youngster protesting he's just a simple shepherd.
    I'd say since your youngster is not armed or even carrying supplies, this looks like the second scenario.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.

3. Default Re: Arguing with the pixel elder - Beard included.

If light has been destroyed and everything is dark... why are the characters shaded? (or visible for that matter)

Based on the shading, the light souce would have to be right between the two of them.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Arguing with the pixel elder - Beard included.

You're seeing in infra-red

5. Default Re: Arguing with the pixel elder - Beard included.

...That's such an intricate criticism

It's more like the elder refuses to admit that the world in its state is 'damaged' because it's been that way since before his own time that he believes the world has always been as such, but the boy refuses to believe that a world of devastation is how it should be.

The specific dialogue that's happening in the image goes something like this;

Elder: You can't possibly hope to restore something that was never there. Do not act your foolish beliefs, you are no hero.

Boy: Why do my actions matter to you? You said it yourself, I'm no hero, hell I'm no one in particular from a long line of nobodies-in-particular. I would rather fight for my foolish beliefs, then be a stubborn old man who believes nothing more than the textbooks that are spoon-fed to him.