11 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heat vs Thunder

1. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

How many Australians watch basketball?

As for me, I would say Thunder in 6.

2. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

Heat wins game 2 100-96.
    I guess it's popularity is moderate-high here, it isn't played much on TV though, especially on free-to-air.
    The NBL(National Basketball League of Australia) isn't very popular here though, and for good reason.

3. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

That last shot by Durant should have been a foul!!!! Though Durant was very clutch the last few mins.... amazing series so far.

4. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

This is one of the few seasons I genuinely don't mind who wins as there is no one on either team I hate.

5. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

Got the Thunder winning it in six now. Originally had them down to win it in five, but this loss tonight leaves me thinking not since the next three will be in Miami. My gut feel says it will probably come down to a game 7 in OKC, though.

Durant I feel needs to get better shots throughout the game and not try to force these 4th quarter comebacks. Miami isn't the Lakers or the Spurs for that matter. They're equally as athletic and won't be as worn down as the Spurs were come 4th quarter. Gotta get better looks and not try to force shots so often. Looking to be a good series overall, though (:

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

I'd say OKC in 6 or 7 games. I'm definitely rooting for OKC to win it all (and will laugh hard at LeBron James because he'll be denied another chance at his first ring if that happens! )

Also, I do hate the Heat with an intense passion.

Spoiler

7. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

'I'm rooting for the Thunder, and I think they can take it in 6 or 7. Last night was a tough loss, but I'm sure they'll bounce back.

8. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

Seems like there aren't many NBA fans on SouthPerry, and those who are, are rooting for OKC and/or are Heat haters.

9. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

I personally don't want to blame results on the refs, because ultimately, the players have to make the plays, and hit the shots. You can argue that Durant should've fouled out earlier on some plays, or that certain foul was/wasn't called or should/shouldn't be called, but in the end, its whether the players make the shots. I wonder if that conversation will take place if Westbrook had grabbed that rebound and put it in to tie the game and win in OT.

I've gone from loving Lebron when he entered the league to hating him for the decision, to accidentally auto-drafting him in my fantasy basketball league (draft took place during church time >_>) and watching him destroy all my opponents for me to having him choke in the first week of fantasy playoffs, to clutching up the last two weeks to clinch me 5th place, and through it all, cheering for him again. Watching Lebron play is fun, and watching all the critique of his play is fun too, so count me in as a Heat fan here. Regardless of who wins though, I think we're going to see an amazingly fun to watch series, so the real winners are really the fans.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Truth about James IRL.

11. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

I think the whole "Decision" incident is too overplayed. He is ragged on far too often for it. I'm not a Heat fan by any means, but I really would like him just to get a ring at this point just to shut everybody up. God knows as soon as he gets one though it still won't be enough because everyone will just say, "Well he needs to get five if he wants to be considered elite like Kobe." pineappleing Lakers fans.

12. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

I hate the Heat. Same reason I hate Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid, and University of Kentucky basketball.
    So go Thunder!

13. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

Because they're popular?
    Or unpopular?

14. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

Because they don't make players. They just have owners with pineappletons of money who give them tons of money to buy good players. And Kentucky don't even pretend to be about anything other than winning tournaments and feeding players to the NBA.

15. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

I believe, at least for the NBA, that salaries for players are regulated. Means that your team can't "cost" over a certain amount. So if you spend more of that cap on star players, it will mean that you get a weaker bench, it also limits the number of star players.

For OKC they have many young talented players, but after this season, they'll probably lose someone due to not being able to fit it into the cap.

16. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

>Wade
    >Bosh
    >James

17. Default Re: Heat vs Thunder

Yes...that's where they've spent most of their money, so if you look, their bench gets paid nothing: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

Compared to OKC: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm only Durant is in that salary level, but that's going to change for Harden and Westbrook after this season, so they're going to either lose one of them or cut back on bench.