1. Default What Should I buy from the old maple store?

I didn't have anything else to do, so I decided to get things at the old maple store with coins.

I can't do the stupid jump quests, so I did the "collect X amount of etcs and get coins" quest, so it takes me a little longer to get coins than the JQ does.
    Question is, do I go after the gimmicky items (frozen tuna, fishing pole, frying pan)? I've also wanted to get maple throwing stars just to complete my old maple item collection (the only one I didn't have from that anniversary), but those costs like all my coins.

So fishing pole/tuna or the throwing stars?

2. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

I'm personally just getting a tuna. Best item.

3. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

Fishing rods are one of the rarest items in there, iirc.

4. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

People have been getting them left right and centre here in Windia, and I think i've seen them drop to 50m ea, maybe even lower.

OT: I would go for the Maple Stars seeing as it's actually something that you want. The other stuff is just as you said, gimmicky.

5. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

What's the point of having the fishing rod? I really don't know what they're for.

6. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

It looks cool when you smack stuff for lulz. I don't play on a serious level anymore and mostly just play for funsies, so fishing pole/tuna would increase the funsies level.

7. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

I don't know about you but I like having a cake on my head
    it raises the text bubble high up when I wear it lol

depends on what you like, and I like cake (and other funsies items like you)
    *kses everyone with her heart staff whacking*

8. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

The item that most people are going for is the fishing pole. Since you're in Scania, the fishing pole's are about 20-30 mil average. I saw a few the other day but I rarely check FM so maybe they're cheaper now. I'm sure there's a ton floating around. So if you want more than one thing, maybe buy the pole with meso and use the coins on something else.

9. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

Coins took me 2 hours for the 22 I needed(from 0), from farming Kargo eyes and maci horns. I grabbed a heart wand after a white male bandana(to match my F/P's nx). Since the last Maya quest is farm-able, I say get the ones you actually want first.

10. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

Farming maci horns? Really? They have a 30 second spawn just for 2 of them...

Or are you going into the present Maple to farm. I haven't tried that.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

Of course you farm in present Maple. Fill up your inventory and then go to the Past Maya and turn the quest in as many times as you can.

12. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

Yeah. Present maple has a flatter map and higher pure spawn C: Not enough time to do this though D:

Took me around an hour to get 600 of macis and another hour for 600 eyes. That's enough for 12 coins So yeah, I highly encourage people to do the JQ if they can do it faster than the farming.

13. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

Late, but the 1500 Maple Flag (the one that's white with red leaf) is quite fun to have as well. It's huge and showy when you slap other players with it, falls under your IGN when standing and covers it up when you're in a store, and borks up when you equip a shield and walk because of bad layering. Untradeable and 25 coins though. Pretty fun to have around, more so than a fishing rod + tuna IMO.

Can check it out in B&story, under common 1h-swords.

14. Default Re: What Should I buy from the old maple store?

I would get one of the danas because those are very hard to come across normally, but then again so is everything else. The danas are cool but I agree with Onion Knight's post.