Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Deviatoric
    Server: El Nido
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: Princess
    Alliance: Twerk
    Wisconsin

Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Stop making every pineappleing event prize untradeable. My inventory is just raped and I can't even put this pomegranate in storage.

Or at least add a "Personal" tab in storage for items that won't be shared throughout the account so they can keep their precious untradeable prizes while allowing us a place to put them.

2. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Doubt they ever will.
    Best we can hope for would be a sale on NX slot expansions.

3. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Agreed with this. Didn't KMS have a tab just for medals? We need something like that.

4. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

So do we, the medal UI, just exclusive medals aren't in it. You can drop and rebuy medals for small amounts of mesos, problem is the medals outside KMS aren't in it, as said.

5. Polar Bear Gay Male
    IGN: danielcatu
    Server: yellonde
    Level: 121
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Vendetta
    Farm: 765pro
    chile

bring sheep pq back
    modify the alien event system to make it a daylight sytems for some parts of mapleworld

6. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Oh. I knew it was there, but I didn't know you could get the medals back from it. Thanks for telling me about that.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

I feel like Blessing of Fairy should have a better bonus at max than Empress' Blessing. Seems kind of odd that leveling an easy mode character to 120 gets you a better bonus than leveling a "normal" character to 200.

8. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

About D-Khans, they did drop from RGTS (albeit, a extremely low rate), but Nexon still hasn't acknowledged that they removed the entrance teleport/portal to Neo City's Year 2227.

9. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Shoot, I'll take it. A low rate's better than no rate--

Well, pomegranate.

10. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Proof besides a hacker's SS?

But how to fix maple without completely redoing the code and using everything in game

I. Change the way the DMG cap works instead of a flat 1mil, change it dependent on ur HPS/class such as
    Mercedes hits 1m/second (They have great survivability but offer little to the party but DPS)
    BM/MM hit 800k/second (Less then Merc but they provide SE for the party)

II. Remove potential system, it is just too OP having equips with 200+stats from it or a weapon that doubles your dmg this shouldn't be in the game. I do like the socket system, one line only but they also need to come up with unigue and different bonuses like atk speed, dodge chance, ect ect

III. Redo how you find gear, currently when you are lving and you want a new weapon, you need to alt tab out of maple and google/hiddenstreet for drop tables. Make it easier to see ingame what drops your gear/change the drop tables to be smart and only drop gear for your class.

IV.
    Slow down leveling, whenever they come out with a new class people hit lv 200 within 5days the game just flies by too easily, if they slow down lving to a correct pace it will feel more like a world with reason to explore/quest.

V. Change/Adjust bosses, There needs to be more daily soloable bosses like Pap acrossed all levels bosses that have no real danger of dying unless you do something stupid but they only drop common gear/a lot of pots/give above average exp.

Give bosses that are free spawn more of a purpose, with quests to kill them, the reward can be something to be helpful in the coming levels like a weapon that is 10 atk above average but nowhere near endgame, or even use the ECT to forge/upgrade weapons.

Every endgame boss is only 1v1 leaving any class that excels in mobbing no purpose.

Make bishops useful at bosses again by making bosses buff up their dmg (pre-bb Red Nirg)

Change bosses like Empress/CPB to be multiple stage fights that have unique requirements
    Phase 1 A timed DPS portion, but the boss is trying to annoy the players by transforming them/status conditions ect ect
    Phase 2 The Boss starts going beserk spamming attacks so only high hp/HP washed can fight it during this
    Phase 3 Another Timed portion but with a decent amount of wiggle room, but the boss is attacking you with dodgeable moves by either going out of range/jumping over.

Boss drops also need to be changed, spending time attempting/trying and failing/spending money on wheels and only a few people get a super awesome item? Keep the good drops but also make it like PQ's where the ect is used to trade in for awesome stuff and every1 in the room gets one.

Make a PQ/Boss like CWK where the bosses aren't the hardest part but getting to them/the requirements are.

VI.
    Right now, people only use gear with the most stats, need to make it situational on the area you are
    training/the boss you are facing, think of Pre-potential HTP and MoN, MoN was better but if you needed the 22 stats you used a HTP, but make it with HP/Dodge/Ect

VII. Make guilds have a purpose, currently they are only a second buddylist. Bring back Guild PQ but make it like dojo where the fastest get something super amazing for the whole guild. Make it so doing 1 PQ gives you X00 guild points and when you finally have some stupidly high amount of GP you get a super awesome equip, I can expand on this more but it way too much.

11. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

1 million damage per second? What?

And Mercedes has great survivability?

12. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

pulling numbers out my ass
    and compared to other archers ya they do

13. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Then you should have said so, because Mercs are still ridiculously squishy as is.

14. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

• No more +% stats for potential (except maybe HP/MP)
    • Make all buffs and status effects part of one organized system (like the boons/conditions in Guild Wars 2)
    • Less scroll categories:
      • Weapon scrolls work on ANY weapon
      • Armor scrolls work on ANY type of armor (helmet, top, bottom, overall, cape, shoe, glove, etc)
      • Accessory scrolls work on ANY accessory
    • No more Weapon/Magic Attack for things that aren't weapons
    • Shoulderpads can be made without Gallant Emblems
    • Revamp of the equipment in general:
      • No more male/female restrictions
      • Accessories for lower levels, and as drops
      • Better base stats on class gear
    • Skills no longer give crazy amounts of W./M. Att (part of the buff system)
    • Overall damage nerf so only a Lv200 with really good gear can hit 1m
    • No more Holy Symbol or Decent Skills
    • Bye bye Mastery Books
    • No more crazy boss equipment, instead bosses drop scrolls that give a lot of stats and/or certain effects
    So much more to change, but this will do for now.

15. Deluxe Refrigerator
    usa

Either get rid of all secondary weapon potential or add it for all classes, it's pretty ridiculous to have certain classes have it and not others >_>

16. Default Re: Game (Not Class) Revamp Suggestions/Ideas.

Actually, I'm going to go crazy with the ideas since I need to vent some text out of my system ;o.

Mystery Mastery Books gone:
    Change it so that every 4th job skill has a questline for you to complete. There will be a quest to unlock lvl10, a quest to unlock lvl20, and a quest to unlock the final lvl30. This storyline would promote people sticking to one class as it introduces a certain commitment; on the flipside, the different sorts of quests would promote people to actually making new classes just to see these quests.

Get rid of touch damage and invincibility on hit:
    Only monster's attacks, spells, and hazards can hit you... but without limit. The reason this is a much needed change is that there is no difference between fighting a single monster vs fighting a mob of 15. The 1 second invincibility on hit does the following:
    • Makes no one care about mobs: if mob attacks stacked, there will be MUCH less mobbing to ridiculous extremes (lvl110 DB/Mercedes rushing 15 crockies up against the wall) and it promotes pinning bosses/high level mobs only to warrior classes (like it should be).
    • Gives defense/HP less importance: as long as you can survive a single hit, there is no reason you should die at all. As long as you have auto pot and you're on top of potting every 1 second, you're pretty much unkillable. This makes defense/HP completely useless past a certain point.
    • Gives the "There is no such thing as 'tanking' hits" mentality: if you can take more than 1 hit from a mob, you're pretty much able to tank it. The only difference between a HP washed lvl200 Paladin and a lvl110 naked Mercedes is that one of them is spending a little bit more money... and it's not even that much.
    • Makes summons a joke: with 1 second invincibility, I LOVE summons! Let me take that 14 damage touch damage so I can dodge that 1/1 that's about to pop. What a stupid mechanic... In typical MMORPGs, summons are there to create more targets, thus making the task of attacking the actual boss a lot harder. Also, they ADD to the boss' DPS rather than SUBTRACT it. Maple Story is like one of the only RPG games where seeing the boss summon monsters is a GOOD thing.

Add a potion cooldown:
    The reasoning behind this isn't to just make the game harder just for the sake of it... it's to add another factor of awareness and urgency. If you have a 100% heal sitting next to you but it only activates every 5-10 seconds, there comes some decision making: do I want to play it safe and pot now or risk it to be efficient and pot later. This means it's not a mindless potfest during bosses. Also, I would change it so that you cannot pot during stun, thus making stun a much deadlier status that it should be. If you add potion cooldown, the reasonable thing to do is to limit those "fake difficulty" mechanics like 1/1. IMO, the only reason 1/1 exists is because of 1 second invincibility on hit (my second point) and if there wasn't 1 second invincibility, it would make very little sense to have bosses spam the hell out of it. It can still exist as a telegraphed boss mechanic that would require a strategy or preparation to get around it, but it isn't the main threat.

Make mobility a feature and not a gimmick...:
    As much as I love double jump and Slipstream, it makes little to no sense to have mobility on these classes that were traditionally supposed to be slow. Thieves set the mobility standard because that was their class... a fast/mobile class. I don't want flying Paladin fortresses sweeping across the map... With FJs, what's the point of mounts... or move speed... or jump stats...

Most/All spells have a charge up:
    This is essentially "casting" time. Like, when you use Chain Lightning, holding onto it will give you the gauge you fill up similar to Big Bang; the longer you hold it, the more damage it does. This system still allows you to spam it repeatedly but it also allows you to hold onto it for a better effect. Those increased effects could be instead of 3hits-2targets with zero charge, full charge would be 6hits-8targets (the way it is now). Ultimates can be done the same way except with range and debuffs can be done in the same way (holding Dispel, Threaten, Poison for increased effects). Also, you can't pot during charge up (like Big Bang). But the thing is, the casting time would be like... 10 seconds long or something. Something really long. Something that requires precise placement and timing. Something that isn't spamming a single key only to witness the same effect over and over again. There could be a basic attack like Thunder Spear is a spammable attack, but have Chain Lightning as a spell that requires awareness.

You can only fully max out half of your skills
    This is a bit of pre-BB, but having it so that you can only max a certain amount of skills would bring a new level of individuality and utility. Imagine that a Paladin can max out ACB, Blast, Heaven's Hammer, but had to sacrifice Guardian, Achilles, and Divine Shield. Or a White Knight maxing Ice Charge, but cannot max Fire Charge. It's this decision making that confines you to a playstyle and in a way, gives you an identity I feel... There will have to be some huge revamps though because there are a lot of pretty garbage 4th job skills that no one would max first... And because I'm so sadistic, if you SP reset your character, you have to complete all the skill quests (from point #1) all over again. As an unintended feature, Phantom would have a much more difficult time to find skills if a person doesn't have it.

Bring back weapon diversity What's the difference between a sword and an axe? Nothing. What's the difference between 1h and 2h? Well, you can wear a shield with one and the weapon multiplier is higher on the other. Anything else? Nope. So, what's the point in having these different weapons? What's the point in getting an Axe instead of a Sword? What's the point of going 2H when there's almost no difference than going 1H? What's the difference between staff and wand? What's the difference between Spear and Polearm?
    -This problems is even worse for Paladins: What's the difference between a sword and a BW? Nothing. What's the difference between 1h and 2h? Well, you can use all your skills with one and you can't with the other. So what's the point in going 2H? What's the point in going 2H BW? There is none!
    -There really needs to be some weapon diversity like... going Sword gives you faster strikes but going Axe gives you higher numbers. Using a Sword with Blast gives you 6 hits 0%PDR ignore but using a BW gives you 1 single strong hit with 100%PDR ignore. Using Panic with a sword does more damage but hits 1 but using Panic with an axe does less damage but mobs. It's these types of differences I want to see...
    Pre-BB DKs had to deal with this kind of decision making: do I want to use a Spear and do more with Buster or do I want to use a Polearm and do more with Fury?

Bleh, that's my text vent for today. :/