View Poll Results: Do you want even more classes?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! As many as they can come up with.

23 15.13%
  • Yes! But just to finish the existing branches, no more new ones.

43 28.29%
  • No, they just need to stop, period.

18 11.84%
  • No, but they can finish the existing branches

68 44.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classes

1. Default Re: Classes

All I want is for them to finish the Pirate legend, and then no more new classes for at least 3 years.

2. Default Re: Classes

Considering what their new classes have been, I don't even want the Pirate Hero. It just has too much potential to be terrible.

3. Default Re: Classes

Personally I want them to at least make Irena playable. >_>

4. Default Re: Classes

I must be in the minority, but I absolutely love new classes.
    They're what keep the game interesting for me.

5. Default Re: Classes

I like the idea of new classes. I think it's pretty cool to have so much choice for a character, but when it only takes a few weeks to go from 1-max level and you run into the wall of 'Oh damn, I've done this all before. What else can I do? Start again?' it ruins the fun.. I've not bothered making any new classes lately despite them interesting me (Evan, Aran, Demon Slayer all seem really fun, but I can do everything I'd do on those characters on my Shadower already.. so what's the point?)

If there was more end game content, and it was a more rewarding experience to bother making new characters then I probably would do so a lot more. But until then, I doubt I'll bother with new characters aside from link skills and the card buffs.

6. Default Re: Classes

After releasing the Cygnus Knights they went a bit mad. Releasing a class here and there and starting new branches all the time. I liked the Cygnus launch because you got all 5 classes at once and made the one you wanted no fuss. Now they draw it out for months/years.

I don’t have a problem with adding new classes per say but everything in moderation really. Since they are releasing nothing but new classes and revamps everyone is just fed up. If they released a new class along with a content update on the same scale as say leafre or a bit smaller I don’t think people would mind so much. But with a new class the shine soon wears off since you’re doing all the same pomegranate over and over again.

I think the classes they released with the legend update were actually very good, the best they have made probably. But then they go and release something like Mikhail and it just makes you despair, especially since you know 4 more are inevitably coming.The game doesn’t need any more classes like that, it adds nothing to the game. I think they should take a break from adding new classes for now simply to catch up on adding other content that they have neglected for the last few years.

7. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Classes

Enough is enough for a few years at least. There's already enough variety for everyone. Another underlying issue I think is that older classes do not get the respect they deserve when new and shiny versions of them with more fast and more powerful attacks are released. Seniority is needed..badly.

8. Default Re: Classes

Not gonna lie, I enjoy new classes.. But god I hate revamps with passion..

9. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

I'd prefer if they were to do what they did with KoC and resistance and release a few classes at the same time every once in a while and not make them stupidly OP.
    this whole new class every patch or 2 is getting really annoying.

10. Default Re: Classes

I'd rather have them finish up the existing class branches and then focus on the rest of the game's content.

Getting a new class used to be exciting but now it seems to come along every 3 months, each being a rehash of other classes. Mikhail shouldn't even have been created imo. It's the most uninspired and blatantly OP classes they've made.

11. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Imo: finish the branches (pirate hero, thief resistance, third archer, cygnus classes if they don't suck, because I love me some thunderpunchers) and make a bunch of new continents that EACH range from levels 50 all the way to 180, and then a bunch of new continents for 150-200s.

I want continents released to be like how NLC was when it first came out. Everyone was there.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i wouldn't mind new classes if:

1) it didn't seem to take away from their time making content
    2) had MORE FKING CHARACTER SLOTS.

13. Default Re: Classes

I really don't care how many classes there are. If anything, I want more classes so people can have more to pick from.
    inb4 why pick class x when class y does everything and better, etc.

I personally voted the first option, but really they could stop making classes and couldn't care less. But I definitely want them to at least finish things they've started (all the heroes, all the "storyline adventurers," the Resistance, etc.).

14. Default Re: Classes

I wouldn't mind new classes if they got creative with them, like a beast tamer class or a class that uses a co-op style (an actual warrior who uses the help of a multi-elemental mage?) but they don't even do that. So new content please.

The part that saddens me is that this game does have some serious potential. Except Nexon owns it.

15. Default Re: Classes

I'm fine with new classes. It's just that there's barely any new, "fun" content anymore for everyone else. It's making everyone restart over and over again. Eventually, like right now, people will get tired of it.

If they are going to make new classes,
    1) Slow down! A class an year would be good.
    2) Think of new skills! Even though this is a 2D game, there's still lots of things a guy can do!
    3) Release classes together. I don't want to see hundreds of clones of me everywhere when they are released. I'd rather see NEW variety (like 2-3 classes at once)
    4) Release OTHER content other than revamps and new jobs. There needs to be a balance on what kinds of events/updates there are.

16. Default Re: Classes

Pirate hero and Thief resistance, then no more new classes for at least two years.

17. Default Re: Classes

In my opinion, they create new classes so they can recycle old content: same old training areas, same towns, same equips, same mobs, same quests, etc etc etc. Also imo, people hate new classes because of the existing problems.

First they need to do the following:

-Flesh out the endgame. In most MMOs, there's a lot of max-level dungeons for you to explore... I don't know why there's almost none like this in Maple.
    -Differentiate classes. Make the classes utility based and not independent soloing damage dealers.

If they do that then I don't mind having a million more branches of classes coming out and a whole new class tree after Pirate. I'm pretty sure many people wouldn't mind new classes either if these other problems were addressed.

18. Default Re: Classes

Release Pirate hero, Delete mikhail and I'll be a happy duck.

19. Default Re: Classes

Actual dungeons of any kind would be sort of cool. Like the Ant Tunnel was to little scaredy nubs once upon a time, where you can actually feel like you're moving deeper and deeper into unknown territory against progressively bigger and badder beasties.

20. Default Re: Classes

Didn't like the release of Mikhail. We already have Cygnus, and the instructors just make them obsolete. I would personally enjoy an anti-hero class (not like DS that switches sides), but would feel better off if they finished the third branch Bowman Adventurer, Pirate Legend, and Thief Resistance first.