View Poll Results: Signing your posts is...

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pointless and annoying

23 24.73%
  • Pointless, but whatever

46 49.46%
  • Logical

4 4.30%
  • Archaic

8 8.60%
  • Just plain odd

24 25.81%
  • I don't mind, but wouldn't do it.

45 48.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

Yes, Noah was one http://www.southperry.net/showthread...831#post826831

It's not something I pay attention to enough to keep a list, but there have been about 3 or 4 that I noted in the past year or three.
    Not a huge portion of the userbase clearly, but enough of an anachronism to spark discussion.

Some of you are taking this poll far too personally considering you're not even one of the people who does it.

2. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

Oh right.. Noah. I had forgotten all about him.

3. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

[09:44] DeanNim x0x~Sarah~x0x
    [09:44] DeanNim lmao
    [09:46] ShinkuDragon wut
    [09:46] ShinkuDragon sarah should start hadriel-ing her posts with that

i said that before seeing this, not surprised at all.

4. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

For some reason, it bothers me, i'm not sure why though.
    But i guess i just find it very redundant.

5. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

I think we should do them like online competitive games

|<h/-\in1Vv3s7

Spoiler

6. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

Okay, this made me want to change my vote to supportive.

7. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

BBD also did that signature stuff, I think. It might've been someone else with a similar name, but I remember it being him, for some reason.

8. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

It tends to just slip by me, and I don't really care for it. If they want to spend a tiny amount of time just to plop in a little signature (regardless of whether or not they have an actual signature), then they can go ahead and do it. I mean, I suppose it kinda makes them stand out a little more. Like people who always use a certain font, or something...(I'd do that, but I'd feel like I'm trying too hard for attention when really I just want everything to be aligned to the center...you know what? I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna center this pomegranate.)

9. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

I think bandanaBoy or something like that who made the Tespia signatures does/did it, but really I dont care enough to complain, they should be able to do it if they want to do it. One rule against it for about four people? Seems abit harsh.

10. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

I guess it only would be logical with shared accounts.
    And because those don't exist~

11. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

--> C. Mult Policy
    Users are allowed to own multiple accounts ("mults"). However, in the event that a person's mult is infracted, the mult will be banned and the infraction is instead applied to the person's main account. The "main account" is defined as the account with the highest post count owned by that person.

wut?

12. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

A "shared account" would imply an account shared by more than one person not multiple accounts used by one person.

13. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

It's not so much wanting attention as... wait, it's definitely wanting more attention. It's not attention whoring though, making yourself noticeable with little kinks and tricks is not the same thing as drama whoring the whole southperry into your thread and making everything go up in flames (NeoVicious).

14. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

But there's no rule against that either, is there?

15. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

I personally can't stand when people do it.

Seeing it done over the years, things went from: ''That's weird..'' to ''Seriously, what's the point..?'', and finally ''WUT THE SHIT, WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DOING THIS?!''

It never fails; I'll be at SOME forum, and at SOME point SOMEONE will do this and I just flip my shit... internally..

16. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

Seems like your pomegranate gets flipped a little too easily.

17. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

why ? its not like youre forced to read it anyway... if you just glance by it then its still not a problem because its not very long either.

- |d 3 @ |\| |\| 1 |\/|

18. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

Not at all actually, this is just one of those minor annoyances that builds up over time.

19. Default Re: "Signing" your posts...

Rather than being one sided why don't we try to understand why exactly they do it? There must be a motive/point to them.